Installing duplexer in VXR-7000 question

WROC658

Question

Anyone have step by step instructions for installing a duplexer?    I ordered the cables so that part is covered.  Wondering if anyone has same model and did the install. Any pointers? 
thank you.   And thank you for helping me in previous post as well.  

10 answers to this question

It's been a long time since I was inside mine, but IIRC it's a pretty simple operation, but my pointer/advice would be to download the Technical Manual and read through it. I believe it has a blow-by-blow account of how to add a duplexer.

After installing be sure to adjust your power output to the appropriate level.. even if you're putting in a "50W" duplexer, those little ones usually lie so you'll probably want to reduce the output a smidge.

It's been a long time since I was inside mine, but IIRC it's a pretty simple operation, but my pointer/advice would be to download the Technical Manual and read through it. I believe it has a blow-by-blow account of how to add a duplexer.
After installing be sure to adjust your power output to the appropriate level.. even if you're putting in a "50W" duplexer, those little ones usually lie so you'll probably want to reduce the output a smidge.

Yeah not sure if what I bought is any good or not. It’s a name I have never seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I don’t see the option to reduce power except a high and low setting.

Yes, I think they are the duplexer equivalent of a UV-5R.

I was just reading reviews. Ok so to have this run with one antenna is becoming less of an issue lol.
I might get run it like it is. Going to try dealer mode when I get home today to try and fix an issue I noticed when I tested it. It says it’s supposed to transit Morse code every 600 or something seconds. But it only did once and the other times it would transmit after only keying the mic. Is their settings I need to look for?

Thank you again

The CW-ID will only transmit the ID when someone transmits something and AFTER it has been at least XX seconds... In other words, if the repeater is quite/nobody is using it for several hours there will be no CW-ID transmitted until the next guy uses the repeater.  

The CW-ID will only transmit the ID when someone transmits something and AFTER it has been at least XX seconds... In other words, if the repeater is quite/nobody is using it for several hours there will be no CW-ID transmitted until the next guy uses the repeater.  

Can you recommend a good duplexer?