I can hear but no one hears me

RSMartin

Question

15 answers to this question

One other thought, channel 22 is simplex (TX on 462.725) are you on the repeater equivalent which would/could be channel 30? Most GMRS Radio have the offset built into the repeater channels putting the actual TX at 467.725 and RX at 462.725. So if you were actually on channel 22 you would not be on the input frequency of the repeater.

22 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

One other thought, channel 22 is simplex (TX on 462.725) are you on the repeater equivalent which would/could be channel 30? Most GMRS Radio have the offset built into the repeater channels putting the actual TX at 467.725 and RX at 462.725. So if you were actually on channel 22 you would not be on the input frequency of the repeater.

Good call.

4 hours ago, RSMartin said:

I have loaded into my radio the repeater channel 22 with the RX and TX Tone. I can hear people loud and clear but when I transmit for a radio check I don't get any response? Any suggestions? 

The BTECH GMRS PRO handheld is a nice radio and easy to use as it programs via BT / cell phone app.

However, a good first step is always to verify the tones as those sometimes change and sometimes not all listings get updated.

Based on my experience, I agree that the chance to be heard from inside a car are very slim.

The fixed stock antenna is not very good even in comparison to GMRS-9R performances.

I have yet to get a good signal report for my BTECH... But the ease of programming and the coolness factor still make it my grab and go choice :) 

I have heard tale of some people that changed the antenna after some force was applied thus separating the glue holding the stock antenna in place. Seems I may have picked this up from a certain YouTuber.  As I don’t have this radio I can not personally confirm this. 😇

27 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

I have heard tale of some people that changed the antenna after some force was applied thus separating the glue holding the stock antenna in place. Seems I may have picked this up from a certain YouTuber.  As I don’t have this radio I can not personally confirm this. 😇

Funny you mentioned antenna alternatives:

I ordered some SmileyAntenna (46540) Slim Line 465 MHZ - SMA Female and I am eager to test those.

I am also considering taking a look at the Super-elastic Signal Stick from SignalStuff - the Entrepreneur who brought us ExamTools for ham exams and the study help...

Eat your heart out Prime Day -- I am shopping directly at the source !!!

#SlightlyOffTopic - maybe 😇