Gmrs pro

FreqieRadio

Question

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, WRXB215 said:

No, I'm saying that you should not be completely without GPS if you have a modern phone.

The GMRS Pro handheld radio is capable of sharing its GPS location with other GMRS Pro hand held radios.  I think the OP is asking if there are mobile radios that are compatible with the location sharing feature.

@FreqieRadio:  Digital data, such as location data may only be transmitted by handheld portable according to the GMRS regulations:

(d)Digital data.GMRS hand-held portable units may transmit digital data containing location information, or requesting location information from one or more other GMRS or FRS units, or containing a brief text message to another specific GMRS or FRS unit.

The GMRS Pro handheld radio is capable of sharing its GPS location with other GMRS Pro hand held radios.  I think the OP is asking if there are mobile radios that are compatible with the location sharing feature.
[mention=9490]FreqieRadio[/mention]:  Digital data, such as location data may only be transmitted by handheld portable according to the GMRS regulations:
(d)Digital data.GMRS hand-held portable units may transmit digital data containing location information, or requesting location information from one or more other GMRS or FRS units, or containing a brief text message to another specific GMRS or FRS unit.

I know the rule… just asking if there is a mobile that does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, FreqieRadio said:

Rt99 works with the Gmrs pros gps function. I don’t need my ham. Thanks 

And it’s on sale now. Please let us know how well it works!

https://www.retevis.com/bluetooth-app-controlled-mobile-radio-rt99-us?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuZGnBhD1ARIsACxbAVjmaVDzTUjw8wrno62Ffp4BQeX7VWRsYfVBpmtIyQKAQsWv2nw31QwaAkwnEALw_wcB

14 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Well I gotta get one at a time. Then pro’s ain’t cheap. But yes. I sure will!

39 minutes ago, FreqieRadio said:

Well I gotta get one at a time. Then pro’s ain’t cheap. But yes. I sure will!

From everything I see from their site the RT99 looks to be a ham radio. Though one YouTuber says it goes into GMRS bands. It looks a lot like a rebranded VGC radio (check out the Bluetooth HT that works with this). Not being certified for GMRS seems obvious so that’s going to be your choice, that aside this could be a cool radio. Like a DB20 with more bells and whistles and at 50 watts for a decent price. A couple things I’d be concerned with is if it’s capabilities would be changed with an app update (like GMRS use disappearing) and the distraction of using the app while driving. I’ll second @Sshannon in saying please report back on what this thing can do if you get it. I think the gps mapping and ability to see your groups positions could have some cool real world uses. 

20 hours ago, WRUU653 said:

From everything I see from their site the RT99 looks to be a ham radio. Though one YouTuber says it goes into GMRS bands. It looks a lot like a rebranded VGC radio (check out the Bluetooth HT that works with this). Not being certified for GMRS seems obvious so that’s going to be your choice, that aside this could be a cool radio. Like a DB20 with more bells and whistles and at 50 watts for a decent price. A couple things I’d be concerned with is if it’s capabilities would be changed with an app update (like GMRS use disappearing) and the distraction of using the app while driving. I’ll second @Sshannon in saying please report back on what this thing can do if you get it. I think the gps mapping and ability to see your groups positions could have some cool real world uses. 

It’s the exact radio. Yeah it’s ham. In use some ham equipment for my Gmrs base. I don’t tx on ham though. I just want the gps function for the handhelds. Some have Gmrs locked out. I saw that some have a software update that unlocks it.