More Duplicate Repeaters

WRUU653

@rdunajewski Another seven duplicates posted. This time from WRYH413.  

This has become so common.  Others who have done this said it was by mistake. I wonder if there is a way to fix this problem? Add a pop up when posting a repeater that request verification of ownership? Enter password to verify you own this repeater? Changing the phrase “my repeaters” to “repeaters I own”?  I am not a coder so I have no knowledge of the best way to fix this but it seems like it is worth a look. 

20 minutes ago, WRUU653 said:

@rdunajewski Another seven duplicates posted. This time from WRYH413.  

This has become so common.  Others who have done this said it was by mistake. I wonder if there is a way to fix this problem? Add a pop up when posting a repeater that request verification of ownership? Enter password to verify you own this repeater? Changing the phrase “my repeaters” to “repeaters I own”?  I am not a coder so I have no knowledge of the best way to fix this but it seems like it is worth a look. 

this could easily be fixed on the Database side as most that i know of have a duplicate search for duplicates/remove function (even excel has it)..   However, A little tiny bit of effort would be required by whomever is in control on the database side..  

1 hour ago, WRXB215 said:

A unique key would prevent inserting a row with the same node number.

you could even write a query to search and remove duplicates on the database side so no effort would be needed. ..  Better yet, you could even write a query to disallow duplicate entries, which is probably the best way to prevent duplicates from happening..  It appears that a lot of folks are simply making a new listing for minor changes they are making on their existing listing..  The best way to stop this is write a query on the database side to not allow it..   

8 minutes ago, WRUE951 said:

you could even write a query to search and remove duplicates on the database side so no effort would be needed. ..  Better yet, you could even write a query to disallow duplicate entries, which is probably the best way to prevent duplicates from happening..  It appears that a lot of folks are simply making a new listing for minor changes they are making on their existing listing..  The best way to stop this is write a query on the database side to not allow it..   

The listing have minor differences yes, like who owns them. I like the idea of writing something in that prevents duplicate entries. This happens a lot (the second time this week) and it seems to always be new license holders (this guy has had his for 9 days and listed seven repeaters as his). They are not and it wouldn’t surprise me that he has no idea what he has done. I am hoping that Rich can do something so he doesn’t have to keep fixing these problems, repeater owners are not getting angry with people that don’t know what they are doing and when we all see a listing we know that’s the owner to contact. 

Just an FYI, these seven repeaters listed under WR**** on the Monday list are duplicates. 
I reported my own thread in hopes to bring it to the attention of Rich but it is only Monday. 

Edited by WRUU653
removed list of repeaters, no longer duplicates

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ULTRA2 said:

Can you elaborate more by what you mean as duplicates?

Two or more different entries in the list or on the map for a single repeater. 
The repeater database appears to have a bug that allows a person to select an existing repeater and create another record but registered to the person, whether intentionally or unintentionally. 
There have been several.