Tropical Storm Warning

WRUU653

my town is already setting up sand bag locations and they have all the flood problem intersections closed or barnacles set up to close if needed..  All the gas stations are extremely busy..   We are expected to get 4.5 inches of rain in less than two days which is a hell of a lot of rain in this desert community..  We are surrounded by mountains so run off is going to be a huge issue..  The folks in Soothern Cali are gong to really get hit hard..    I hope everyone hunkers down and ready for this one  

please remember that there is no such thing as a "small hurricane" and that even "only" a tropical storm can be very dangerous, so don't let your guard down (trust this Floridian who weathered 8 hurricanes and too many storms to count!).  Also, please remember that most people die *after* the storms.  And we all know that anything named "Hillary" is infinitely evil, right? 🙂

Good luck and God Bless.

7 minutes ago, pcradio said:

Everything turn out okay?

I am dead-center in the path of the storm... Extreme rain and hazardous squalls were predicted to arrive beginning at 4am... it is now almost 1PM and we got some light drizzle that stopped a few hours ago, and I think we had a couple of wind-gusts that might have topped 3-4mph...

The local news is really having a rough time finding anything to scare us with but God bless them, they're trying.

3 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

I am dead-center in the path of the storm... Extreme rain and hazardous squalls were predicted to arrive beginning at 4am... it is now almost 1PM and we got some light drizzle that stopped a few hours ago, and I think we had a couple of wind-gusts that might have topped 3-4mph...

The local news is really having a rough time finding anything to scare us with but God bless them, they're trying.

Here in the High Desert (a few miles north of you and about 2000 feet higher), the rain returned (and got stronger) but no wind thus far...