AT779UV Programming help?

WRUE962

Question

I have been trying to program an Anytone AT779UV for what seems like countless hours.

I have downloaded the drivers, program software and firmware updates, but can't get my windows 11 to communicate with this radio, because COM port won't open.

I have tried everything I know to do but am getting nowhere with this and I'm about ready to throw the radio in the trash where it probably belongs!

3 hours ago, WRUE962 said:

Not yet....I think I'll have to borrow an older windows machine to get this radio programmed.

Thank you for your response and I am sorry to hear that you have not had the chance to tryout the newest steps that worked for me in Windows 11.

I have been waiting for your success, but since it seems that you are at about the end of your rope with Windows 11, and will borrow an older computer, I will go ahead and publish my results for the benefit of others, who may be similarly situated.

Please let us know how it works out for you, as this is a very popular radio with so many other successful users.

I may have found my issue.

While trying to get a different program running because I accidentally deleted the program, I discovered this and why that program isn't working now.

Extract (unzip) sdrsharp-x86.zip to a folder on your PC. (Important! Many people who have issues forget this step! DO NOT run the files from within the zip file or the following steps will fail). (Also, do not extract into a folder within the Program Files directory, or installation may fail as these folders are often automatically made read only by Windows).

I may just need to remove everything and just create a fresh new folder instead of putting them in the program files area.

I will give it another go later today or tomorrow and let you all know the results.

18 minutes ago, WRYS709 said:

Good luck and don’t forget to refer back to my post about installing the drivers for the two different cables available for Windows 11. 

When I did a fresh install of the Prolific driver, it gave me an option to repair.

That never happened before, so I think I'm headed in the right direction by installing the programs in a newly created folder instead of an existing folder within my PC.

For now I'm listening to the SW ham bands with SDR# now that I've got that working again! 😁