Email groups for accepted request users

WRKC935

12 hours ago, WRXB215 said:

Can't this be done through the current repeater update email?

I would assume that email goes to every member of the site.  I am referring to just my repeaters.

I could go through while it's still only 200 ish registered users and copy paste their email into a distribution list myself.  But there are repeater owners that have thousands of members. That would be quite an undertaking for them

It is a list of every repeater grouped by state that has a change. You simply scroll to the state, click on the repeater of interest, and see the latest status. It's very quick and easy to see if any of the repeaters I use are in the list. If they are, I just click and see what the status is.

1 hour ago, WRXB215 said:

It is a list of every repeater grouped by state that has a change. You simply scroll to the state, click on the repeater of interest, and see the latest status. It's very quick and easy to see if any of the repeaters I use are in the list. If they are, I just click and see what the status is.

OK, when I say MY repeaters,,, I mean the repeaters I have on the air personally.  Not the ones I use that belong to others.  The ones I actually own and maintain.  I think you are getting confused on what I am trying to say here.  As a user, when you ask for access to a repeater, you have to put in your name, phone number and email address.  That information pops up in the request when the repeater owner gets the notification that someone wants to access your repeater.  I was referring to those email addresses being accessible as a contact list or in some manner usable to email all registered users that maintenance was going to be performed and the repeater would be down for some reason.  This could be either a downloadable contact list to import into an email application, or a broadcast email from the mygmrs.com system to inform registered users that the equipment would be down.  It's not something that repeater users would even have access to directly or indirectly.

4 minutes ago, WRKC935 said:

OK, when I say MY repeaters,,, I mean the repeaters I have on the air personally.  Not the ones I use that belong to others.  The ones I actually own and maintain.  I think you are getting confused on what I am trying to say here.  As a user, when you ask for access to a repeater, you have to put in your name, phone number and email address.  That information pops up in the request when the repeater owner gets the notification that someone wants to access your repeater.  I was referring to those email addresses being accessible as a contact list or in some manner usable to email all registered users that maintenance was going to be performed and the repeater would be down for some reason.  This could be either a downloadable contact list to import into an email application, or a broadcast email from the mygmrs.com system to inform registered users that the equipment would be down.  It's not something that repeater users would even have access to directly or indirectly.

Don’t you keep a database of the people you’ve granted access?

3 hours ago, WRKC935 said:

Right next to my log book for ham radio contacts. 

No, obviously I don't.  Never saw a need for it. 

Premium members have the ability to generate repeater access request reports. You can do them for all your repeaters or specific to a particular repeater and for all statuses or for a status of pending, approved, or denied. Maybe that would help you. I have no idea what information appears in the report or the format. 

60913EF4-DA9B-42E3-8D3D-E202FA323E1E.png

E3BE0950-3159-4EF9-817A-358933637219.png