Looking for available repeaters near Delano,CA

WRZF225

Congratulations and welcome:

On the Map, I see the BKFD650 Repeater in Bakersfield (private probably the Fire Department) and the 501 Repeater (462.550) in Lindsay, CA, but requires permission.  You can go to its listing and ask for permission if it is close enough to you.

And there are 5 more in Tulare; close enough?

https://mygmrs.com/map/7560

7 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

I'll have to look at what they're called, but TCARC has a couple on park ridge that may be in range

Park Ridge 700 is said to have the better range.  Park Ridge 675 is the secondary machine.

There used to be one on Joaquin Ridge near Coalinga that was called Central1, which I've been able to reach from Tulare on a handheld, but I don't see it listed anymore.  I think I saw something previously about it being a "legacy repeater" as the owner had passed away and that they were trying to put things in place to keep it running, but it looks like they were not successful.

I was going to mention the two Park Ridge repeaters but I dont see them listed anymore. I dont recall if they were private or not. The Park Ridge Repeaters are high elevated sites and may provide good portable coverage. The Bakersfield repeater also is permission required. If I remember correctly it took a long time for the repeater owner to respond with his approval and tone information.

Not that I ever expected the Auberry repeater to cover Delano, that site is no longer listed. It seems most of the sites up and down the Valley are becoming more private or require permission and no longer are listed as time goes on.

2 hours ago, nokones said:

I was going to mention the two Park Ridge repeaters but I dont see them listed anymore. I dont recall if they were private or not. The Park Ridge Repeaters are high elevated sites and may provide good portable coverage. The Bakersfield repeater also is permission required. If I remember correctly it took a long time for the repeater owner to respond with his approval and tone information.

Not that I ever expected the Auberry repeater to cover Delano, that site is no longer listed. It seems most of the sites up and down the Valley are becoming more private or require permission and no longer are listed as time goes on.

There's a couple listed near Auberry, but you have to have the "show stale repeaters" toggle turned on (this is the case for the Park Ridge machines as well, which are both listed as open. 

Auberry 575 is listed as open, while Sierra 2 is listed as permission required. Both listings have the same frequency and tone, though, so I'm not sure if it changed hands and an old listing wasn't removed or what. I also found a new listing for the Joaquin Ridge machine with the "stale" option turned on.

Park Ridge covers down to Bakersfield (at least) for base stations.  It is at 7500' so a good mobile will probably make it also.  I have HT coverage at 50+ miles, but not full quieting with 5W.  Full quieting with vertical at 20'.  Joaquin ridge is up and I suspect will cover there.  It used to be linked to some other repeaters back east, but I think there were jamming issues and the link was shut down. 

Auberry may be stretching it to Delano.  Not familiar with the repeater specifics, but that area is probably only 2-3000' peaks in the foothills. 

There is a private system on Mt. Bullion (Mariposa), that might reach that far, but I have not had any response to access requests.

Haven't heard much activity on Joaquin or Auberry the last few weeks.  Mariposa and Park ridge have the most activity.