Longer range ant

Jonolvey

Good morning and welcome to the forum 😎

... I am not certain if you noticed, but your post is just a (weak) statement. Is there a question that you like to ask or some details you like to share?

In any case, hope you find what you are looking for here on the forum 👍

6 minutes ago, WRXD372 said:

Good morning and welcome to the forum 😎

... I am not certain if you noticed, but your post is just a (weak) statement. Is there a question that you like to ask or some details you like to share?

In any case, hope you find what you are looking for here on the forum 👍

Maybe it just an "affiliate link" below?!?

BTW: I just LOVE your documentaries...

👍 ... as @WRWE456 mentioned: Yagi antennas are directional -- the have great gain in one direction and are "blind" otherwise.

For the right use-case, those are great: e.g. if you have a base station that is not quiet getting into the repeater you want to use or nor reaching the friend you like to talk to, directional gain is a good solution.  

In my use case it works great. I live on a hill top about 5 miles from our small town and most of my use is in that direction in about a 30-40° arc. I have it pointed to about the center of the arc and get excellent coverage of my contact area. Its not as deaf in the null directions as I was expecting. I still get usable coverage in most directions. You can always use a rotator if needed.