How to reset a Beufeng radio?

WRZF693

Question

Hey everyone.. I have watched videos where people reset for lack of a better word a GRMS radio so that you can program to tx on any channel even out of the GRMS channels.  Not that I would ever ever do such a thing, but knowing things is good stuff.. 🤘😜

Anyone know what combo of jey presses and radio trickery is needed to do such a thing? 

Thanks in advance.

Tim 

7 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, WRZF693 said:

Hey everyone.. I have watched videos where people reset for lack of a better word a GRMS radio so that you can program to tx on any channel even out of the GRMS channels.  Not that I would ever ever do such a thing, but knowing things is good stuff.. 🤘😜

Anyone know what combo of jey presses and radio trickery is needed to do such a thing? 

Thanks in advance.

Tim 

It goes by many terms. Unlocking, jailbreaking, etc. Generally it's a "do at your own risk" proposition. There's lots of how-to videos, including some made by regular contributors to these forums.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:25 PM, OffRoaderX said:

If only the biggest GMRS Radio YouTuber would make a video showing exactly how.. oh well, I guess we'll never know.

EDIT: Since you never told us WHICH Baofeng radio you have nobody will be able to help you anyway.. Baofeng makes a LOT of radios.

I'm such an idiot.. I thought I said what radio.. My bad. It's the GM15 pro! 
I saw your video and a couple others, but it didn't work with my radio for some reason.. ? 

Some Baofeng radios can't be unlocked. The standard trick of holding down buttons while turning the radio on works with standard Baofeng UV-5R and GT-5R radios but will not work with the Baofeng UV-5R GMRS. I do not know if the unlock will work on the UV-5G or UV-5X GMRS radios. The UV-5R GMRS will have an orange label along with a small sticker that says GMRS.

I have not found any information stating that the UV-5R unlock actually works on the GM-15 Pro.