Radtel RT 470. Thoughts/Opinions.

WSAA635

Legality aside, the Radtel RT 470 looks to have all the bands as the Wouxun KG-UV9G Pro and at 1/3 the price. I fully understand that it's SOC and not SuperHet so selectivity would probably not be as good BUT for an inexpensive "do it all" radio I think it might be good enough.

Does anyone have one or know of anyone who does? If it turns out folks have had decent luck with them it might be a cheaper alternative for me and I could get 2 and still have money left over for some decent antennas.

2 hours ago, Sshannon said:

Because a company controlled by the Communist Party is better than company a Democrat heads?

LOL, Randy actually did a YouTube video on how most radios are made in China. If you go with something made in Japan you'll pay a lot more.  I'm 99% going to go with Wouxun because they have a good Rep for being a good radio.

Just for grins I went ahead and ordered the Radtel RT-470X. I figure for $36 bucks it'd be worth getting to mess around with and to use as a truck radio. Plus it covers so many different bands that it'll let me see if I'm actually interested in a multi-band radio or if I should just get a really good dual or tri band radio.

I hope to do some reviews for my YouTube channel on both it and the BTech V2 if I can stop procrastinating. 

Well, it's going back. Even though it's "technically" CHIRP compatible it's not listed in the version of CHIRP that I'm running and it's WAY too complicated to program by hand. I'll find something else with airbands that'll work with my version of CHIRP.