HamRegistry/GMRS License

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see if it has.

I'm looking to apply for my GMRS license, but like many others, don't want all my personal information made public.

I saw a video discussing Hamregistry.org, essentially a paid PO Box type company (I tried contacting them via e-mail to ask this question, but didn't receive a response yet :( )

What I'd like to find out is the application process.  Can I use a general contact address (whether PO Box or ham registry) for every step of the process.  For example for the FRN as well as the license.  Or is the "contact address" only used for the actual license, and I'd have to give my persona / home address for my FRN and whatever other steps are required?

Thank you in advance.

Guest Guest

I don’t currently have a license or an FRN.  I’m going in fresh, so I’m not sure I understand, what would I be changing?

Guest Guest

Awesome, that's what I was looking for, thank you.

Dig the youtube vids, was going to ask in your hamregistry video comment section, but I can't bring myself to make a youtube (or fb) account.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

@OffRoaderX

These my be dumb questions, but just didn't want to screw it up.

When you used the HamRegistry address for your FRN, did you put their street address for Address Line 1, and their PO Box for Address Line 2?

Also, does the FCC send you anything that has your SS# printed on it?  My concern was since the FRN portion asks it, I didn't want that information floating out there to other mailboxes.  

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Don't use Hamregistry.org

I used this service for 6 months. Then, wanted to cancel it. There is nothing on their website that allows a cancelation. I emailed them several times and nothing. I used Paypal so I closed my paypal account and they still send them money every month. Something fraudulent is happening. I keep having to dispute the charge monthly on my CC.