Help Connecting to Repeater (Houston, TX)

OscarHTX

Question

I recently was gifted a Rocky Talkie 5 watt and received my callsign and registered here along with TexasGMRS.

I was able to get the Tone and frequency from the TexasGMRS page. I can listen into the repeater just fine, but I cannot transmit on my end. This is for the Memorial Park 725 repeater.

The TexasGMRS website provides a Tone which I looked up in the manual that came with my radio to be privacy code 116.

I'm able to set a receiving and transmitting privacy code along with a narrow or wide band.

I'm new to all of this so any help would be great.

3 answers to this question

When you say you "cannot transmit", does that mean you get an error, or the transmit light on the radio does not light up? Or does this mean you cant hit the repeater?  If it's transmitting but not hitting the repeater, how are you testing/how do you know you're not hitting it?

4 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

When you say you "cannot transmit", does that mean you get an error, or the transmit light on the radio does not light up? Or does this mean you cant hit the repeater?  If it's transmitting but not hitting the repeater, how are you testing/how do you know you're not hitting it?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I meant that my transmission isnt going through. I was finally able to get someone to acknowledge me, although they stated they could only hear the tail end of my transmission. 

I was having a buddy listen in at the same time.

Pardon the confusion and your youtube has already taught me quite a bit.