I wonder whose backyard it’s in now?

Lscott

31 minutes ago, tweiss3 said:

There is a thread on this on RR, and there is a lot more to the story.

Yep, and it doesn't appear that theft of the tower is even part of the story. In fact, theft or not, it would seem to be a massive undertaking to lower and dismantle the tower and remove it from the site. Call me overly skeptical, but the day I read the original story, my BS detector pegged and the needle broke.

36 minutes ago, WRQC527 said:

Yep, and it doesn't appear that theft of the tower is even part of the story. In fact, theft or not, it would seem to be a massive undertaking to lower and dismantle the tower and remove it from the site. Call me overly skeptical, but the day I read the original story, my BS detector pegged and the needle broke.

Yeah, there is some info out there that the tower actually rotted out and fell and the station was off the air far longer than is being reported.

17 minutes ago, WRKC935 said:

Yeah, there is some info out there that the tower actually rotted out and fell and the station was off the air far longer than is being reported.

And the landscaping crew was only there because the station owners heard there was an imminent inspection. 

Everyone loves an “unexplainable myster “ but the truth is usually far less complicated. 🙂