dmg1969

Hello all. I am a new member here. I live in Central PA, am a life-long scanner enthusiast and recently decided to branch out into GMRS. I just got my license and am waiting on my new radio. I opted for a cheaper one to start out...a Radioddity GM-30. I'm hoping to be able to hit a repeater or two from where I live. I just wanted to drop by and say hello.

Dave G. (WSAS749)

1 hour ago, dmg1969 said:

Hello all. I am a new member here. I live in Central PA, am a life-long scanner enthusiast and recently decided to branch out into GMRS. I just got my license and am waiting on my new radio. I opted for a cheaper one to start out...a Radioddity GM-30. I'm hoping to be able to hit a repeater or two from where I live. I just wanted to drop by and say hello.

Dave G. (WSAS749)

Welcome to the forums, Dave!

On 2/13/2024 at 8:23 AM, dmg1969 said:

Dave G. (WSAS749)

Welcome to myGRMS.com! 😀

Greetings to All , this is WSAV319

IM EXITED TO LEARN , about GMRS radio usage…..I have this brand new Wouxun KG-935G+

and wow, what a learning curve, I never tried this before but I payed the fee with FCC , got a call sign and a GMRS radio and hear I am .  Thank you all for the help over the air waves.  And special thanks to the Gentlmen that owns the repeaters and lets us use them.  
God Bless ya’ll

WSAV319

image.jpg

Hello WRWE456

I Always wanted to learn about alternative means of communication, and capability’s  of different radio’s. My plan is to get a couple family members their own GMRS.  Radio’s so we can keep up with each other ,  we’re in a hurricane prone area, so these 5 watt radio’s. May serve a better purpose in the time of need.  
thank you sir .

WSAV319

Yes sir !  Thank you so much , I’ll be asking some questions soon, I spent the whole day Saturday  just learning the menu items on this radio 😂,  then was super happy to finally connect to the repeater in my area by the evening .  
I’ll try to ask. As much as possible , maybe. I’ll be less clumsy 😂. Idk.  Hahah

Thanks a bunch

WSAV319…..OVER