Wouxun KG-UVD1P "Suicide Chip"????

WSAA635

Question

In my post on the KG-UVD1P a guy commented that these radios have a "suicide chip" that fails and renders the radio useless.  I've never heard of such a thing and I'm sure it this WAS an issue that Wouxun would have fixed it by now(the radio has been out for 14 years) or they would have dropped production of it because of all the returns that they would have gotten. Has ANYONE heard of this being an issue with this radio??  Thanks.

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, WSAA635 said:

In my post on the KG-UVD1P a guy commented that these radios have a "suicide chip" that fails and renders the radio useless.  I've never heard of such a thing and I'm sure it this WAS an issue that Wouxun would have fixed it by now(the radio has been out for 14 years) or they would have dropped production of it because of all the returns that they would have gotten. Has ANYONE heard of this being an issue with this radio??  Thanks.

No

The article you posted a link to was 10 years old. I'm sure Wouxun has addressed whatever issue they had with these radios and have fixed it by now.  I honestly can't see them continuing to sell something with such a flaw all these years later. They would have discontinued it and moved on to other models. I have two of these, I guess we'll just have to take a "wait and see" posture.

I decided to look into this after seeing this topic brought up in a few threads. All I could find were articles and forum threads from 2016 and older. I would say that if there was an issue, it has been fixed since then.

@WSAA635 keep us updated if you happen to have any issues with your radios please.

3 minutes ago, WRYZ926 said:

I decide to look into this after seeing this topic brought up in a few threads. All I could find were articles and forum threads from 2016 and older. I would say that if there was an issue, it has been fixed since then.

@WSAA635 keep us updated if you happen to have any issues with your radios please.

I'm pretty sure they've fixed this issue too or they'd have stop selling the radio.

I would suggest you do a Google search. Like I previously mentioned, I had three. All three failed.

Companies constantly have products with design flaws and fail to acknowledge them.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk