New to the game..

WSAX322

Its very easy:

1. Read manual
  2. Identify what Repeater channel your local repeater is on
  3. Change radio to the correct repeater channel
  4. Enter the correct TX (transmit) CTC or DTC tone for the repeater and save (for questions, refer to item #1) do not concern yourself with the RX/Receive tone until you level-up to "I know what I'm doing now"
  5. Hold radio near your noise output hole, & push the talk trigger and talk, then take your finger off the trigger
  6. Hold radio near your noise input hole and wait for everyone to congratulate you on a job well-done

1 hour ago, OffRoaderX said:
  • Hold radio near your noise output hole, & push the talk trigger
  • Hold radio near your noise input hole and wait for everyone to congratulate you on a job well-done

Ah see, that's where I went wrong, I swapped the input and output hole... rookie mistake.

OK off roader....after reading the manual...as i always do.....in the section 6.4, repeater programming: the frequency offset and off set direction has me as to what to do next..........give me some credit......... I'm not that new......!!!

1 hour ago, WSAX322 said:

OK off roader....after reading the manual...as i always do.....in the section 6.4, repeater programming: the frequency offset and off set direction has me as to what to do next..........give me some credit......... I'm not that new......!!!

So for GMRS repeaters. They're going to be on an offset of +5mhz. Repeaters transmit on 462.xxx but receive on 467.xxx

It is done!!!!! I have overcome the great hurdle of, repeaterf**kunation! I want to thank the both of you for your invaluable information and knowledge. For....i wouldn't have been able to concur this epic task by myself. So with that, i am now able to peruse a happy GMRS life going forward!       Ahhhhhh, the noise hole admitter and, the noise hole receiver....is that how its done?....I would have never guessed.