Morse Code signature

CJK

Question

9 answers to this question

5 hours ago, CJK said:

Is there a way to program the Wouxun 935G to broadcast my call sign, in Morse code, at the end of transmission?

Please don’t do that.  It would be super annoying to any one listening on simplex or a repeater.   If giving your call sign with your own words is too much for you why are you talking on the radio to begin with.  

11 hours ago, CJK said:

I was inquiring as my father in law (80 something) might have some difficulty. Was looking for a way for him to not have to. Now not doing it.

I've gotten labels put on the front of my GMRS radios with the call sign, so its visible when they are speaking into the radio. That might be an option. I used this guy: https://sites.google.com/view/kc8gl/anytone-call-sign-sticker

He can make custom labels. If you place your radio on a scanner, and send it to him, he can measure and make one for whatever you wanted. 

37 minutes ago, CJK said:

Is there a way to program the Wouxun 935G to broadcast my call sign, in Morse code, at the end of transmission?

That would be a nice feature to have on a radio. Maybe not at the end of every transmission.

There is a feature on one of my digital radios to do it. But it has to be manually initiated through one of the menu selections every time I want to send it. Not very convenient.

46 minutes ago, CJK said:

No.

You can set up PTT-ID which is a 3-6 number ID you can choose and then choose when it sends. But that is not what you are asking about.

best way to do the Morse Code ID is via a controller.  ID O Matic is a pretty good entry level. They come unassembled, (you solder the parts on the board) or you pay a little extra for a complete assembled board. Great entry level controller  http://www.hamgadgets.com/ID-O-MATIC-IV

ICS make a pretty good full blown controller.  A lillll more pricey but worth the extra functions.   It uses a PI computer board for the brain.  i use this one and love it.  https://ics-ctrl.com

8 hours ago, CJK said:

I was inquiring as my father in law (80 something) might have some difficulty. Was looking for a way for him to not have to. Now not doing it.

Don’t even worry about it, especially if your communications are mostly between your family.