Calvinistesta

WSBM325

Greetings folks, I’m a newbie.  I was trying to determine whether I can reach a certain repeater.  I programmed the frequency, off-set and tone into my radio.  When I hit the press to talk button, I receive a beep.  Can you tell if that is an indicator that contact was made.  Thanks

You probably have programmed your radio to beep on the conclusion of your transmission; hence no determination can be made from that beep.

Brand/model of Radio?  Which Repeater?

Other information you think might be relevant, such as the line of sight from your location to the repeater, etc.?

13 minutes ago, WSBM325 said:

Greetings folks, I’m a newbie.  I was trying to determine whether I can reach a certain repeater.  I programmed the frequency, off-set and tone into my radio.  When I hit the press to talk button, I receive a beep.  Can you tell if that is an indicator that contact was made.  Thanks

It’s entirely possible that the repeater has a courtesy beep programmed. Some do. If so, you should also hear it whenever anyone else transmits. 
It’s also possible that your radio is programmed with a Roger beep as 709 suggests. If it’s that it will beep every time you transmit, regardless of the channel. 

Rather than depending upon the beep, try asking if anyone hears you while you PTT.