What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys I'm new here and I recently got a Radioddity gm30 along with my call sign. So this is where I'm at currently, I've been reading and reading and now my brain hurts and I'm starting to think learning Chinese is easier than this. Anyways, I have been approved for access to a repeater near me my question is where do I start with this radio after turning it on per say? The tx  frequency is 467.650 and the rx for this repeater I was told is 462.575. Now two things, I understand the tx frequency is already pre-programmed into the radio along with the correct offset needed, my issue is how or what mode does the radio need to be in to input these two frequencies and which frequency does it have to be to get this thing to work? I have the DCS tone as well but was reading you only need that to transmit and not receive if that's even true or not. So, you can say I'm a complete noob at this and any and all help would be so much appreciated. I've been trying to find these answers online and even trying to find a YouTube video that explains it all and as of yet, nothing!  I can't even figure out how to program the channels on the radios key pad, nothing makes sense and I now want to go pound my head against the wall... Please help lol thank you in advance. Ronnie (WSBU243)⁷

• The repeater receives on 467.### and transmits on 462.###.
  • The .### part is almost always the same. I've heard of it being different but I've never seen it myself.
  • You have repeater channels that are already set up like this.
  • You have to use the tone on TX or the repeater will ignore you.
  • You can hear the repeater with the same tone as the repeater or no tone at all.

Tones work like this:

• I set a tone on receive and I only hear signals with that same tone.
  • I don't set a tone on receive and I hear all signals regardless if they have any tone.

Hope this helps.

First off it's odd that the Tx and Rx aren't simply 5MHz apart. Normally I'd the TX is 467.650MHz the Rx will be 462.650MHz, a +5MHz off set which is standard for GMRS repeaters. 

I know with some radios you need to enter both frequencies and with others you just need the base frequency (462.xxxMHz) and the offset and the radio will automatically raise the Tx frequency to the 467.xxxMHz one. 

You normally only need the TX or input CTCSS to trigger the repeater. You can enter the Rx output tone if you only want to hear the repeater and cut out other traffic on that frequency.  Randy(Notarubicon productions) on the YouTubes has a lot of good videos explaining all of this. If you can check them out and I'll bet it'll clear a lot of things up for you.