Repeater Map differences when viewed remotely vs. in situ.

CALO50

From home I look at the repeater map for places I’m going to visit, then load up the repeater details for use. When I arrive at the location, I recheck the repeater map and see additional available repeaters. Is this possible, or am I crazy, or a bit slow?

18 minutes ago, GreggInFL said:

I'll bite.  What's a stale repeater?

A repeater in the myGMRS database which has had no data updates in over a year. The repeater might be just fine or not. 
Old data in a database is called “stale data.”

1 minute ago, GreggInFL said:

I didn't realize "stale" was a word used generically wrt databases.  Then again, I haven't written any code in decades, so I must also be stale.

Thanks, Steve.  Helpful as always. 

Back when I was writing software for “real-time” telemetry systems in 1992 or 93, I was assigned to write a routine that would identify stale data for electric utilities and change its color on-screen in the SCADA HMI (we weren’t very correct back then; we called it an MMI).  Detecting stale data could be used to identify a sensor that had stuck somehow, such as pond level sensor in a hydro reservoir. 

“Pedantic” is my middle name!

12 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

There are two options in the Repeaters Map that maybe were set differently each time:

Show Offline Repeaters

Show Stale Repeaters

These come up when you click the hexagonally shaped widget in the upper left of the map.

O.K., makes sense. Help me catch up…

I didn’t know about the Offline or Stale settings. If I didn’t change either when remote or on site, is there another explanation?

43 minutes ago, CALO50 said:

O.K., makes sense. Help me catch up…

I didn’t know about the Offline or Stale settings. If I didn’t change either when remote or on site, is there another explanation?

As you go closer into the map (+) closely located repeaters will be grouped together into a number such as 2 or 3, etc.