Radio reviews - real world review

Radioddity G30

Simplex 7 to 10 miles.via repeater 30 to 70 miles west Texas and USB charging and we have 7 of these for work.j

Just excellent radios.

Baofeng 5RX excellent all round for the price considering my main HT is FT70DR

Baofeng K5 plus 

Cumbersome and too large- tall and thick but if your not going to put on your belt it's excellent for base station or attached to a mag mount in your car USB charging and battery life excellent. 

17106404027443755226624334959998.jpg

17106404335488884415710216955691.jpg

• 2 months later...

The super restrictive programming is probably my biggest annoyance with a lot of the cheaper GMRS radios.
My more expensive ones (in this case, KG-905Gs, so not SUPER high end stuff) let me program in what I want where I want, and enforce the GMRS rules properly for those frequencies. As far as I can tell, I could put a repeater channel in every slot of the radio.

Pretty much everything else I have is jailbroken (with the appropriate rules programmed in manually) so I can set them up the way I want to. There's nothing in the GMRS rules that says "the radio can ONLY HAVE 22 simplex channels, 8 repeater channels, and if you're feelin frisky, a handful of DIY channels"

1 hour ago, amaff said:

The super restrictive programming is probably my biggest annoyance with a lot of the cheaper GMRS radios.
My more expensive ones (in this case, KG-905Gs, so not SUPER high end stuff) let me program in what I want where I want, and enforce the GMRS rules properly for those frequencies. As far as I can tell, I could put a repeater channel in every slot of the radio.

Pretty much everything else I have is jailbroken (with the appropriate rules programmed in manually) so I can set them up the way I want to. There's nothing in the GMRS rules that says "the radio can ONLY HAVE 22 simplex channels, 8 repeater channels, and if you're feelin frisky, a handful of DIY channels"

I agree totally. Even the same ccr that are not gmrs locked are very programable.  It’s why I won’t own a gmrs only.