NewBe Question Baofeng UV-5G Plus Software

WRKJ363

Question

Hello,

I am having issues with the CPS software setup from Baofeng. I downloaded the file, unzipped the file and there is only a setup executable file. There are no cab or lst files. When I go to run the file (yes, I tried to run as administrator) it blinks once, and nothing happens. No setup occurs. What am I doing wrong?

7 answers to this question

baofengradio.com or baofengtech.com?

The file I downloaded from baofengradio.com is:
Baofeng_UV-5X_Programming_Software_V2.0_20210308.zip
5X and 5G are listed as the same radio. This software installed with no problems for me.

I can't find anything for UV-5G or UV-5X on the boafengtech.com site.

I got the same file name as you did. Baofeng_UV5G_Plus_CPS_1.1.9_20231205 make sure if your in windows extract all first before running the executable. Some times there is an issue running from inside a zip file. Hopefully one day soon they will add this to chirp, the Baofeng software is all but useless. You can't even copy paste rows you have to enter everything manually per cell, just as easy to program on the radio honestly. 

EDIT: Also make sure if your running anti virus it don't quarantine it as well.

OK i'll eat crow, you can use Chirp Next to program the uv-5g plus now. I just tried again after reading this post, and there was an update. Model is still not listed, however, i plugged radio in turned vol all way up and selected Baofeng and model GM-5RH  and it downloaded the radio. I then uploaded a hundred channels and confirmed they were in fact on the radio. It doesn't make it able to transmit on non gmrs channels, or unlock the radio per say, but much easier to program then the cps software with no copy paste.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 220614.png