Crown King 575 repeater

I know there has been issues with abuse on this repeater  but I really don't understand how I can go about gaining access now that it's paid and need referral.  How can I get a referral? To be completely honest I am not your everyday user, my father and I are outdoors type and we get into areas that cell service doesn't work. We often camp at Bartlett lake and since my father lives in Pauldon and I in Queen Creek we leave at different times to meet up at the lake. We bought gmrs radios and obtained our license for this use and our main life line was through Spock78's CrownKing 575 repeater. Now with all the issues I have absolutely no idea how I can get in touch with this gentleman to see if there is any chance of getting access once again. If anyone and I mean anyone can assist me with getting touch with the correct person I have absolutely no issue paying the fee or providing and info needed. My father's and I use would be extremely limited and always abide rules. My Call sign WRVC249 Jamie McKinney and my Father WRVC498 Doug McKinney.

If possible the owner of the repeater could call or text me at 480-313-3368.

Thank you!

WRVC249 ..

6 hours ago, WRVC249 said:

I know there has been issues with abuse on this repeater  but I really don't understand how I can go about gaining access now that it's paid and need referral.  How can I get a referral? To be completely honest I am not your everyday user, my father and I are outdoors type and we get into areas that cell service doesn't work. We often camp at Bartlett lake and since my father lives in Pauldon and I in Queen Creek we leave at different times to meet up at the lake. We bought gmrs radios and obtained our license for this use and our main life line was through Spock78's CrownKing 575 repeater. Now with all the issues I have absolutely no idea how I can get in touch with this gentleman to see if there is any chance of getting access once again. If anyone and I mean anyone can assist me with getting touch with the correct person I have absolutely no issue paying the fee or providing and info needed. My father's and I use would be extremely limited and always abide rules. My Call sign WRVC249 Jamie McKinney and my Father WRVC498 Doug McKinney.

If possible the owner of the repeater could call or text me at 480-313-3368.

Thank you!

WRVC249 ..

Be patient. There is a line of a gazillion people waiting on their request for the Towers 575 repeater.

11 hours ago, jsneezy said:

In the meantime there's also the Towers 600. I've gotten responses out of it in my house in San Tan Valley with my Baofeng UV-9G. Both with stock and Nagoya 771-G antennas.

And Shaw Butte. If you're a member of the Arizona GMRS Repeater Club, you would have access to the White Tanks Repeater which is linked to the Scottsdale, East Mesa, and Flagstaff repeaters.

As well as using the link tone on Shaw Butte, which will open the link to Towers 600, Diamond Point 575, and a couple others. Also, getting in with SWCRS gets access to Pinal 675, which has amazing coverage here as well. I haven't heard much off the Lemmon 650, but there's also the webhiway_tucson repeater that has a massive coverage area.

I've heard that people in some areas in the East Valley are fortunate to hear both the 650 and 725 repeaters along with Pinal. We're not that fortunate here in the West Valley for the Two Tucson and Pinal repeaters.

Since, the Pinal Repeater requires PT-T ID to access the repeater do you hear the ID squawking? I haven't been within range of Pinal since the change. I'm just curious if you can hear the squawking on keyup?

1 hour ago, jsneezy said:

As well as using the link tone on Shaw Butte, which will open the link to Towers 600, Diamond Point 575, and a couple others. Also, getting in with SWCRS gets access to Pinal 675, which has amazing coverage here as well. I haven't heard much off the Lemmon 650, but there's also the webhiway_tucson repeater that has a massive coverage area.

I've noticed Pinal had changed their tones as well. So far the only repeater that we found to work well...flawlessly in our situation at Bartlett lake was CK575.  I will need to try some of the others while at the lake and see if I can get a response from any others. I didn't realize there is a waiting list or line, heck I still don't even know how to get in line... either way the wait will be worth it if there's a chance for access again. Thx

6 hours ago, WRVC249 said:

I've noticed Pinal had changed their tones as well. So far the only repeater that we found to work well...flawlessly in our situation at Bartlett lake was CK575.  I will need to try some of the others while at the lake and see if I can get a response from any others. I didn't realize there is a waiting list or line, heck I still don't even know how to get in line... either way the wait will be worth it if there's a chance for access again. Thx

You need to submit your request to the repeater owner through mygmrs.com by clicking on the details button for that repeater on the map.

The Tones for Pinal did not change. SWCRS activated the PT-T ID feature and issued every member their personal PT-T ID number in order to access the repeater. Your radio has to have the ability to send the ID using MDC1200 system feature for it to work.

2 hours ago, nokones said:

You need to submit your request to the repeater owner through mygmrs.com by clicking on the details button for that repeater on the map.

The Tones for Pinal did not change. SWCRS activated the PT-T ID feature and issued every member their personal PT-T ID number in order to access the repeater. Your radio has to have the ability to send the ID using MDC1200 system feature for it to work.

Sending it via DTMF works as well. It gets annoying when someone forgets to turn off side tones with it though. 

11 hours ago, nokones said:

I've heard that people in some areas in the East Valley are fortunate to hear both the 650 and 725 repeaters along with Pinal. We're not that fortunate here in the West Valley for the Two Tucson and Pinal repeaters.

Since, the Pinal Repeater requires PT-T ID to access the repeater do you hear the ID squawking? I haven't been within range of Pinal since the change. I'm just curious if you can hear the squawking on keyup?

I don't notice much chatter on either of those repeaters. I have gotten a "loud and clear" response from someone on the 725 when I asked for a signal check from I-17 and Glendale Ave. 

Generally, the only time I hear a squawk from PTT-ID on Pinal is when someone forgets to turn off their side tones, as I mentioned above. Other than that, it doesn't sound any different than any other repeater.

I have also noticed on Shaw and Tower 600 that there seems to be quite a bit of bickering and arguing between a couple people lately, and occasionally both repeaters get shut down for random periods of time. A couple of times, I ended up switching to another channel because I just didn't want to listen to the arguments.