Wouxan KG-1000g plus faceplate data cable

Gnarlykaw

Question

Nine times….. all of them FAILED to work.  The best I have ever got was a power up, but stuck on sync data.  Even tried pass thru RJ45, and still failed.   YES, I swapped pi’s 5 and 7 on ONE connector…

I have done dozens of RJ45 connectors for video cameras for alarms and have had zero problems making lines for these…

the original patch cord was defective, and I just thought I would try to make one…

tool operator error?   Blind old guy??

Anybody have any luck making one??

28 minutes ago, WRHT379 said:

I agree with Box car , audio, put function, maybe even some can bus protocol or rs285. I am just learning about these  different protocols.

Tony

I agree also. The reason I asked was because people were talking about line length limitations for cat 5 cables which really only apply when talking about network protocols.
If these are analog or even serial signals like RS485 it’s a different matter.  

I will still suggest using a shielded CAT5/6 cable and shielded RJ45 connector for making extension cables for removing the head. The factory extension cable is shielded and uses shielded RJ45 connectors. Shielded cable and connectors will help keep RFI out of the radio.

I have to agree that the overall length is not as critical in this instance. In fact I don't see anyone making a 100 foot, let alone 300 foot, extension cable.

On 4/29/2024 at 7:13 PM, WROA496 said:

This may help.  I was troubleshooting with buytwowayradios.com today and they send me this pin diagram of the connection with a description of the pins.  

WouxunDataPins.jpg

Verified by BTWR, this IS the Microphone pinout.  They are still waiting on the rest of the wiring stuff from Wouxun because they do repairs.

2 hours ago, WRYZ926 said:

I posted the correct pinout for the extension cable on page 1 of this thread.

Right.  No dispute.  I was confused at first because I knew it would be a cleaner installation (physically) if I just made myself a cable.  Confusion compounded when I checked the cables that came with my radio and one of them (the longer one) was bad.  (Pin #2 was shorted).  Initial conversation with BTWR, they asked me to check the cable by pluging it into the radio.  More questions... before I do that, what is on Pin #2?  Maybe it's unused.  Maybe it's voltage (On a POE setup, there is + voltage .  Maybe it's best to swap out the $15 cable before messing up a $389 radio.  They agreed and are sending me a new cable.  But I'm still suck on.... what is Pin #2 for? (and all the others).  I do not need that answer to install.  I'm just curious and never know if that will be something good to know later.