Repeater access etiquette

Is it a no-no to be granted access to a repeater and then request access to few more ran by the same person in other locations one frequents?

Asking because that's exactly what I did; I got granted access to one in my hometown and requested 3 more around cities I work and frequently visit.

I understand the owner can deny access of course, I just dont wanna be "that guy" who's new to the community and immediately makes a fool of himself...

On another note... if repeaters are published as open (in Chirp and repeater book website) is it fine to just start using them? What if someone uses a "closed" repeater who's information like dial in tones etc are publicly visible? Is this considered trespassing just like stepping uninvited onto someone's property?

thank you!

Martin

If the owner has multiple repeaters, you should probably request access to all of them. 

Now I would be all for giving the ability on here to grouping repeaters together for access requests if the owner / owners choose to do that.  But outside of that happening, I would advise you to request for each one or put in the request if it's ok to access the other repeaters and let the owner make the decision.

5 minutes ago, WRKC935 said:

If the owner has multiple repeaters, you should probably request access to all of them. 

Now I would be all for giving the ability on here to grouping repeaters together for access requests if the owner / owners choose to do that.  But outside of that happening, I would advise you to request for each one or put in the request if it's ok to access the other repeaters and let the owner make the decision.

that is what I did; I submited requests for the other 3 repeaters... hopefully he gets to see them soon and approve.

about my other question, other than being a $h1t bag, what would happen if I used a repeater without asking... no I do not plan on doing that, that's not how I roll, but I'm just curious about how the GMRS community usually responds to something like this... get FCC involved? said person is ostracized? banished into the XM wastelands? ;) 

2 hours ago, WSCD723 said:

what would happen if I used a repeater without asking

Nothing serious. Probably the only person who would say anything is the actual repeater owner, and only if they happen to be listening at the time or if someone rats you out to them. At which point you could ask permission. But it's not like jail time or fines are in your future.