Will Yaesu 6000r with ATAS120 tune gmrs?

WSBA587

Question

Hypothetical question. Would a Yaesu Motorized Mobile Antenna: 40m through 70cm - ATAS-120A tune GMRS frequencies on a MARS open yaesu 6000r. 

I completely understand the Atas isn’t “technically” spec for gmrs freqs but will it tune it in reality?

7 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, WSBA587 said:

Would a Yaesu Motorized Mobile Antenna: 40m through 70cm - ATAS-120A tune GMRS frequencies on a MARS open yaesu 6000r.

I don't know anything about that antenna.  However, I have a MARS-modded Yaesu 6000r and it pairs wonderfully with my Tram 1181 on 2m, 70cm, and GMRS, without adjustments.

I don't know anything about that antenna.  However, I have a MARS-modded Yaesu 6000r and it pairs wonderfully with my Tram 1181 on 2m, 70cm, and GMRS, without adjustments.
Yeasu's hf mobile motorized screwdriver. Works directly with the likes of a ft891,817,ft991a without the need for a controller.

Gets shit on a lot due to weather seal issues, motor issues and missing features of its competitors. Frankly, you cant compare it to the competitors. Simply because even a baby tarheel is going to start at 350 or so, then if you want memory for the different bands, almost as much as the antenna a quality controller. Then there are the scorpions, easily 3x the atas cost for the screwdriver alone.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, WSBA587 said:

Hypothetical question. Would a Yaesu Motorized Mobile Antenna: 40m through 70cm - ATAS-120A tune GMRS frequencies on a MARS open yaesu 6000r. 

I completely understand the Atas isn’t “technically” spec for gmrs freqs but will it tune it in reality?

The FTM-6000 isn’t listed as one of the ATAS interface radios. I think the hypothetical answer should be no. 

13 hours ago, back4more70 said:

Thank you so much, was looking for something that works. Just ordered that antenna