My first contact

40 minutes ago, jsneezy said:

Double check your tones. I was on the mobile out of town a few weeks ago, and tried hitting the local repeater there. Somehow, I managed to mix up the split tones for the repeater and couldn't hit it. It wasn't until I got home and double checked the Radioddity software that I realized I had the right tones saved, but they were backwards. Also, just to rule it out, I would try putting the antenna directly on the radio rather than having the adapter(s). 

I’ve triple checked all the tones. I now get what sounds like the repeater responding. I’ll transmit them when I release the ptt button my receive light comes on and there is a brief sound like someone keys up for a second then release the button without saying anything. Maybe progress 

5 hours ago, jsneezy said:

Also, just to rule it out, I would try putting the antenna directly on the radio rather than having the adapter(s). 

How is he supposed to put a BNC antenna on his SMA HT without an adapter?

4 hours ago, n2877 said:

I think I actually have success. I can key up the repeater with one radio and hear it with another radio close to me

Never hurts to have a road trip to near the repeater and see if you can also hear others on the input frequency and then contact them through the repeater.

5 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

Never hurts to have a road trip to near the repeater and see if you can also hear others on the input frequency and then contact them through the repeater.

I can hear people on the repeater no problem

1 hour ago, jsneezy said:

In the picture he posted, there is a stock antenna on an adapter. That antenna is SMA. 

You can tell more about that antenna than I can from that photo: Then why would he need an adapter?

5 hours ago, n2877 said:

I can hear people on the repeater no problem

Yes, that is on the "output" of the repeater, 462.xyz; I was suggesting you take a road trip to get closer to the repeater and when you can hear people on the "input" of the repeater, 467.xyz, then you are pretty assured you are close enough to also trigger the repeater, if your radio is setup properly.

13 hours ago, WRYS709 said:

You can tell more about that antenna than I can from that photo: Then why would he need an adapter?

I have the exact same radio, which came with that same antenna. The adapter would be useful if he expects to change the antenna out a lot, since SMA connectors can be pretty fragile.