OffroaderX pronunciation help needed

13 minutes ago, kidphc said:

Lol.. it's po (poh) fung

It's the same company always has been. It was slight different productions. Due to how the Chinese characters were interperted.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Understood, but was waiting for Xenu's favorite to give us the "official" version....

The Pofung name was a while back as I recall.  It was a temporary renaming for some reason, but it never held.  One of the UV-5Rs I got a long long time back said Baofeng, but the battery said Pofung while this was happening.

1 minute ago, OffRoaderX said:

It has always been Pofung and always marketed as "Baofeng" - The screenshot shows whats different now, in that they are now saying "formerly Baofeng" and the radios now say "Pofung".

Ahh, ok and it makes sense.  One of those things like the old Jap Datsuns sold in the US were really Nissan and they eventually went back to their real nomenclature.

19 minutes ago, OffRoaderX said:

It has always been Pofung and always marketed as "Baofeng" - The screenshot shows whats different now, in that they are now saying "formerly Baofeng" and the radios now say "Pofung".

Has a lot to do how we westerners handle chinese pronunciation. Much like how you get "Ocean" from Wouxun.   

3 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

Someone should make a video about this on the Youtubes.

And you did. I thought it was great.

BTW, I now have seen the outpouring on FB on the (uncensored) gmrs page of comments from, dare I say,  Sad GMRS'ers.

48 minutes ago, Davichko5650 said:

now have seen the outpouring on FB on the (uncensored) gmrs page of comments from, dare I say,  Sad GMRS'ers.

I just saw all the soy-tears.. but FYI, those are not sad-GMRS'ers.. those are Sad-H.A.M.s trying to disguise themselves as regular GMRS'ers, and failing..

9 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

I just saw all the soy-tears.. but FYI, those are not sad-GMRS'ers.. those are Sad-H.A.M.s trying to disguise themselves as regular GMRS'ers, and failing..

Oh no, are you saying there are "Sad HAMs" in our midst? Are they allowed to do that? That is just not right that they're playing in our playground and messing with our megahertz. Who can I complain to about that? Zenu?

On 5/20/2024 at 1:40 PM, WRXR255 said:

old Jap Datsuns sold in the US

I bought a used 1973 Datsun B-210 in the early 80s. One day headed to work I hit a puddle of tallow in the middle of a sharp turn in the road going about 15mph  and slid on top of the only large rock in Dallas county. I bent the unibody so much it would wouldn't drive straight. 

12 hours ago, OffRoaderX said:

I think I saw that costume at Party City in the Halloween rack. Complete with Yaesu stickers for them to affix to their Pofung's!