New to this

WSDK363

Question

11 answers to this question

The 779UV is an amateur radio. You need to put it in the correct mode to allow it to work on GMRS. The GMRS frequencies are 'out of band' for an amateur radio.

While holding down the V/M button, turn on the power. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to change to the GMRS setting on the display.

14 hours ago, WSDK363 said:

I'm trying to load it with gmrs frecuencies and when I get ready to write to radio I get a pop up that says frecuencies are wrong. Maybe I don't have correct frecuency for Baffalo tower would you have it by chance.

That’s because you’re trying to write the wrong frequencies. Most likely you have it configured as a ham radio and you’re trying to write GMRS frequencies to it. Or you’re trying to write the frequencies to the wrong channels, such as a repeater frequency to a simplex channel. 
Please! Give us information we can use to help you, such as receive frequency, transmit frequency, and which channel you’re trying to write to. 

3 minutes ago, WSDK363 said:

I'm having a problem with frec. Went to write them to radio and keeps telling me frec. Are wrong any idea what I can do.

What radio are you using, what software, and what means of trying to program it are you using? Do you have access to the manual?

I'm trying to load it with gmrs frecuencies and when I get ready to write to radio I get a pop up that says frecuencies are wrong. Maybe I don't have correct frecuency for Baffalo tower would you have it by chance.

14 hours ago, WSDK363 said:

Okay, and what program are you using to write to the radio?

Did you first read the radio, save the original configuration, and then make changes?