GMRS in Oklahoma?

6 hours ago, GreggInFL said:

Congrats!  What kind of radio are you using?

It’s a midland mxt275 I was going to get the other one with 50 watts but figured I would try this one to make sure I’m going to like it 

Welcome!

I'm in Chickasha. Not a ton of GMRS users down this way (though I own the Chickasha 600 repeater, and we're working on a site lease that would substantially increase our coverage area), but there is an active GMRS group in OKC.

They do a weekly net, every Sunday at 7:00 p.m. on the OKC-650 repeater.

There is also a weekly net in Tulsa, though I'm not sure about the day and time or which repeater they use.

You might also join the Oklahoma GMRS Club's Facebook group -- lots of helpful and friendly folks over there.

16 hours ago, WSDL331 said:

I work near Tulsa and for some reason never can pick up the repeater for Tulsa I have I don’t have Facebook either 

The MyGMRS page for the Tulsa 675 repeater shows a 55-mile radius. You ought to be able to hear it from just about anywhere near Tulsa, if someone is actually using it.

Lots of repeaters sit idle for hours or days, just depending upon the number of users in the area and how active they are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not in the northeast but down in the southeast.... Kiamichi Valley area. I have talked into the Tulsa repeater using a 25watt mobile from up on Talimena drive, 113 miles as the crow flies, with about 2,000ft in elevation. We have a club down here with a gmrs repeater... info: KARC.club, also Facebook page. It's an open repeater so if you ever recreate in the area or passing through feel free to use it.