Bridge-com BDR 50U UHF repeater

• 1 month later...

I just received mine the other day and it really solid and weighs about 20lbs. It will be installed once I settle on a site. However from the user manual, it seems there is no remote repeater on/off (kill switch)? Or am I missing something?

Dom

WSEH489

You will have to setup a SYS-OP user and use DTMF tones for remote control. The SYS-OP user is only used for remote control of the repeater. I found the manual somewhat lacking in areas.

Here is a good video that helped me out. How to Program the BCR Repeater

And another good video: How to Program a BCR Repeater System. This video gives more details about installing the program and getting ports configured.

Thanks however it’s a BDR 50U which from the owner manual, seems to be very different from the BCR  line and since the thread title is Bridge-com BDR 50U UHF repeater  That’s what caught my attention  

Maybe their manual is really lacking😊

Sorry about that, too much blood in the caffeine system today.

1 hour ago, WSEH489 said:

Maybe their manual is really lacking

And so are their videos for setting up the BDR50. Setting up the BDR50 for analog use should be the same as the BCR-40. The only decent video I could find for the BDR-50 is this one: DMR MADE EASY! | The Fastest Way to Get on the Air | Step-by-Step Digital Radio Workshop

Be warned, that video is an hour long.

On 9/1/2024 at 9:07 PM, BoxCar said:

That Bridgecom video is extremely basic. 

Yes it is. I searched  for a bit looking for videos on programming the BDR50 but didn't find much. 

And the manual for the BCR40 isn't all that good either.

That is what I use, the repeater works great with 1 exception. They advertise that you can use multiple tones CTCSS and DCS. If you choose to use DCS as the input tone, you are only allowed 1 user slot, and you can't even have an operator slot for repeater control. If you want to use multiple tones or have a non repeated operator tone, you are limited to CTCSS only.

I don't know if they have updated their documentation to reflect that now, but when I was purchasing mine about 9 months ago, it did not say anything about only being able to use 1 DCS input tone.

EDIT: I own the 40U. I saw this in the GMRS equipment section of the forum and didn't read the replies, I assumed this was for analog use.

Edited by linx
Clarification