BTech GMRS-Pro Factory Reset

Guest Matt F

Guest Matt F

I have 2 GMRS Pros that I haven't used in over a year; tried to fire them up and both of them are stuck with an inability to pair with my phone. Every time I hit pairing, the handset resets. This seems to be a common problem and a few people have said that a factory reset resolved the issue for them. The manual says you should press both programmable buttons at the same time while in standby mode. I have attempted to do what I think that means (pressing both buttons and holding them while on the main home screen after boot) and it accomplishes nothing. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It seems there may be a menu option for a reset on newer firmware but I'm stuck on older firmware until I can get it to connect with my phone.

Guest Matt F

@BoxCar I've tried holding down every 2 button combination I can think of while powering on. The only one that does something is the 2 upper buttons on the front make the screen delay in turning on and flash, but this doesn't seem to be resetting any settings. Also holding down the 2 lower buttons on the front with the radio on seems to put it in some debug mode where a bunch of numbers go up on the screen that are constantly changing. It seems like some of their other models use 3 button combination and I've tried a few more obvious ones with no luck.

@jwilkers I don't see how this is applicable for the gmrs pro. There's no way I can tell to hook up a computer to load any backup files. Everything seems to be done over Bluetooth including any firmware updates. I think some other btech models do have a way to do stuff with USB or something but not the GMRS Pro 

Guest Matt F

Update...

I figured out what I was doing wrong with regards to the factory reset. I was holding down the P2 and P3 programable buttons (the side ones). It turns out that you need to hold down the P1 (orange one on top) and P2 (middle on side). I was able to get them both connected and firmware updating.

On 7/19/2024 at 2:17 AM, Guest Matt F said:

I have 2 GMRS Pros that I haven't used in over a year; tried to fire them up and both of them are stuck with an inability to pair with my phone. Every time I hit pairing, the handset resets. This seems to be a common problem and a few people have said that a factory reset resolved the issue for them. The manual says you should press both programmable buttons at the same time while in standby mode. I have attempted to do what I think that means (pressing both buttons and holding them while on the main home screen after boot) and it accomplishes nothing. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It seems there may be a menu option for a reset on newer firmware but I'm stuck on older firmware until I can get it to connect with my phone.

It is under General Settings in the menu.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Matt F
On 7/22/2024 at 11:33 AM, PRadio said:

It is under General Settings in the menu.

Only on the updated software and I was unfortunately stuck on an older version. I did get it to factory reset as I didn't realize that the orange button on top was actually P1 and it reset when holding in combination with P2.

Also as an FYI to anyone that cares, the factory reset didn't solve my Bluetooth problem. It appears that there's a bug in the software that causes it to crash in pairing mode when there are too many devices in the area. So when at home with all my and neighbors Bluetooth devices the radio crashes when put into pairing mode, but when I'm in a more remote area it will pair without issue.