Using Repeaters for GMRS Calls - Greenville, SC

WayneMiddleton

Needing a little help with a new GMRS radio and use of a local repeater.

I am in Greenville, SC. Licensed GMRS "WQNF353" for several years, but really never used GMRS frequencies.
Interested in setting up so I can speak and work with several friends using a network around Greenville.
AM aware of a local repeater which is set to transmit on 462.725 and the repeater recieves on an offset of 5 megahz .
I don't know if a tone is required and need help figuring out if and how to use.
Using a Baofeng UV-5x3 and have the radio set to send and recieve using the offset.
The local repeater is owner is ZULU725 and I need to know how to get in touch with owner off frequency.
Have attempted a call to his sign but thinking I might be needign a "tone" to set his repeater to "ON"
Any helpful ideas are appreciated.

Have you tried e-mailing the owner through MyGMRS? On the main site you will find a national list of repeaters and each has an e-mail so you can contact the owner. Make sure your logged into MyGMRS and you may see the tone is listed. If anything I would try the travel tone.

Have you tried e-mailing the owner through MyGMRS? On the main site you will find a national list of repeaters and each has an e-mail so you can contact the owner. Make sure your logged into MyGMRS and you may see the tone is listed. If anything I would try the travel tone.

The mygmrs database is woefully inaccurate at times, since there is no way to correct or remove invalid data. Maybe the OP could postal mail the owner, providing contact info.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not imply actual fact.

Replying to all above who have commented.

I've still had no luck here.
Understand the "woefully inaccurate" data cause and that repeater might be down.
Have attempted to contact "Stoney" via radio
Have not tried the "travel tone" suggestion. Not understanding what that might be. Help please. 

I do note on the MyGMRS.com page of repeater listing that there is NO travel tone used.
I have attempted e:mailing "Stoney" several days back - no response to couple of attempts
LIve only a a couple miles away so I'm gonna drive by and knock.

I sincerely appreciate all of your responses!