Chirp Program Terminology

29 minutes ago, WRQC527 said:

And berate the things that don't. Never forget that. It's important to call things stupid that you don't like. 😉

Absolutely.  However, if I am in a topic that involves "A", the OP's Q is on topic "A", and you dont like "A", STFU.  Let the folks that use "A" help.

Just dont pop in and stutter that every post.

Dont like CHIRP, fine, dont like whiteclaw, fine - Just dont have to remind us every time you dont like it.

i hated Grindr at first, but later I had the room for it, for example.

All of these replies regarding the use of CHIRP has been entertaining.   I use chirp and its always worked well.  I am on a MAC so have fewer options.  Bottom line, use what works for you.  The best piece of programming software is the one that works for you in your situation.  I will admit there is a little decoder ring regarding chirp, however posts in this thread has pointed to manuals, and given good info regarding usage/programming of TONES.  Best of luck..  regards

15 minutes ago, WSAA254 said:

All of these replies regarding the use of CHIRP has been entertaining.   I use chirp and its always worked well.  I am on a MAC so have fewer options.  Bottom line, use what works for you.  The best piece of programming software is the one that works for you in your situation.  I will admit there is a little decoder ring regarding chirp, however posts in this thread has pointed to manuals, and given good info regarding usage/programming of TONES.  Best of luck..  regards

Totally agree.  Except I’ve never had an issue at all with needing a “decoder ring”.  I person got away from rt system because I didn’t want to pay for every new radio I got.  But it’s almost exactly the same.  It’s just like radios. What ever works for you   

4 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

*Grabs popcorn and sits back*

Actually, this particular thread is pretty boring. Not really popcorn-worthy if you ask me. Where things really get entertaining is when folks start arguing over FCC rules. The fur flies there, I'll tell you what. You'll need one of those extra-large buckets that the movie theaters let you refill for free.

2 minutes ago, WRQC527 said:

Actually, this particular thread is pretty boring. Not really popcorn-worthy if you ask me. Where things really get entertaining is when folks start arguing over FCC rules. The fur flies there, I'll tell you what. You'll need one of those extra-large buckets that the movie theaters let you refill for free.

I've had a slower day today, but I would imagine as with anything law/government, it gets quite entertaining!

I like your UT channel sir. Tried to JOIN " " BUT...gave me issues. Glad to see you here now that I am part of this community. New to GMRS radios but serving our country yet to date.   Any pointers to help your cause you can send it to seveneight6, 8sixeight, sixoneseven3. Hopefully this will be ok to say here since I am new.