FCC, Spam calls and bogus caller id

I've been getting more spam calls now than ever. The FCC supposedly cracked down on bogus caller-id but it's worse than ever. I looked up the FCC commissioner in charge of scam calls and found his home address. When I get another scam call from "American Solar", would it be illegal for me to setup a meeting under his name and address?

8 minutes ago, MarkInTampa said:

When I get another scam call from "American Solar", would it be illegal for me to setup a meeting under his name and address?

OMFG, I would PAY to see how that plays out!   OMG, OMG, what if EVERYBODY started to do that?!

1 hour ago, MarkInTampa said:

I've been getting more spam calls now than ever. The FCC supposedly cracked down on bogus caller-id but it's worse than ever. I looked up the FCC commissioner in charge of scam calls and found his home address. When I get another scam call from "American Solar", would it be illegal for me to setup a meeting under his name and address?

All I can say is...I like the way you think.

The latest scam calls that I have been getting are Dish TV and Funeral Plots. My home telephone landline was "Ported" with Area Code 530 from Northern California 5 years when I moved to Old People Country (Sun City West AZ) so I don't know if these calls are regional to Arizona or Northern California. All the fictitious telephone numbers showing up on my caller ID are area code 530 callers so I have to assume the scam calls may be regional related to Northern California.

17 hours ago, MarkInTampa said:

I've been getting more spam calls now than ever. 

I feel left out, I've been getting pretty much zero spam calls of late. 

I do like that meeting idea, be sure to order up a few pizzas to be delivered at the meeting time!

Several years ago I was on a solo motorcycle trip to east TX. I was east of El Paso on I-10. It is a very boring stretch of highway, fast but boring. I got a call and because I couldn't see who it was from I answered it. It was an "IRS police officer" telling me I need to pay my late tax bill or they were going to come arrest me. I kept him on the line for 30 minutes asking questions and sounding worried. about 20 minutes in I got belligerent and very sarcastic. The last 30 seconds of the call he was cussing me up one side and down the other in his heavy accent. He finally told me he would have a team come to my house. I told him that would be great and asked that he be the number one man in the stack. He loudly invited me to have sex with my self one more time and hung up. That phone call made my day. The FCC is pretty much worthless when it comes to scam calls.

• 4 weeks later...

They hang up fast when I answer with "sheriff's dept., deputy dawg............"

What I hate most and report to the FTC any time I get one, is a ringless voice mail. (phone never rings yet you have a 'new' voice mail message)

I find they let it ring once, hang up and call back quick so the phone goes to VM because the line is busy.  It's possible it rings on their end but not yours.

I've noticed when I use my cell phone and call my landline it rings on the cell phone earpiece once or twice before it rings on the landline.  Some kind of delay between technologies.

But I get those calls at my work phone and my cell phone.