Waiting for fcc update

Guest Tony P

GMRS is dying, so Radioddity is bundling the DB20-G with an magnetic antenna mount, handy dandy cup holder mount for the radio, programming cable, and a book about how GMRS can help you family for a mere $89.   So I have one on the way.  I really haven't noticed a lack of traffic on the three repeaters I can hit from my QTH (location for you non-hammers). 

Spend freely and support the economy! 

3 hours ago, JoCoBrian said:

GMRS is dying, so Radioddity is bundling the DB20-G with an magnetic antenna mount, handy dandy cup holder mount for the radio, programming cable, and a book about how GMRS can help you family for a mere $89.   So I have one on the way.  I really haven't noticed a lack of traffic on the three repeaters I can hit from my QTH (location for you non-hammers). 

Spend freely and support the economy! 

I guess it is sort of like the stock market... when everyone is freaking out because they don't understand the reality or the long term ... time to buy at a discount. 😛

50 minutes ago, Hoppyjr said:

Randy has a dry sense of humor. Many people enjoy that.

You, not so much.

Exactly!  At least a sense of humor, even dry, is enjoyable.

That other person is more like the obsessed person who stands on the street corner shouting at passersby and waving a sign that says “Repent, linked repeaters! The end is nigh!”  

1 hour ago, SteveShannon said:

Exactly!  At least a sense of humor, even dry, is enjoyable.

That other person is more like the obsessed person who stands on the street corner shouting at passersby and waving a sign that says “Repent, linked repeaters! The end is nigh!”  

and your sense of humor is like a wet noodle in a pet rock parade  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2024 at 1:14 PM, WRXB215 said:

Yeah, what @Tip10 said. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for picking on people with no arms. 😆

A man worked in a factory and augmented his meager income by playing guitar at bars and special events on weekends.  He was in a terrible industrial accident that claimed one of his arms.  The factory fired him, saying they had no work for a one-armed man.  Of course he could no longer play guitar, something he enjoyed doing, with one arm.

The poor man decided to end it all and was standing in a chair, rigging a noose on the ceiling of his third floor apartment.  Just as he was about to put the noose around his own neck, the man, facing the window on the front of his building, sees a man with no arms, walking down the sidewalk, whistling, and occasionally jumping in the air and clicking his heels.

The man felt bad.  Here he was, about to end it all and yet here goes a man with no arms, walking down the street, happy, and apparently content with the world.  The man threw the noose to the side, jumped off of the chair he was standing on, and ran downstairs to try and catch up to the happy man with no arms.

It took the man about a block to catch up to the man with no arms, who was still jumping in the air and clicking his heels at regular intervals.  He asked the man with no arms to stop and he did, growling "What do you want?"

"Sir, I was about to end it all a minute ago.  Then I saw you walking down the street, apparently very happy, whistling and clicking your heels every few steps.  How do you do it?  I must know", said the one armed man.

"How do I do what?", snapped the guy with no arms.

"How do you remain happy with your disability, which is worse than my own?"

"I'm not happy", snapped the man with no arms.

"Then why are you jumping in the air and clicking your heels every few steps?, asked the one armed man.

"My butt itches."