Radioddity GM-30 plus

SargeRN

1 hour ago, SargeRN said:

What say you? Anyone using it and what have been your issues and or good things.

Thanks,

Sarge, WRPJ623

Not me but I know a few people that have them. It’s a radio like any other.  It works for what it is I tend. Except these new screens are very hard to read out doors in the sun light.    But other than that it works just the same as a $3000 Motorola or a $150 woxoun.   

• 2 weeks later...

The downloadable program for the radio that Radioddity offer does’t work. It is not Chirp compatible, at least until the moment of this post. If you are planning on programming frequencies other than GMRS for listening purposes, you have to do it manually. The program doesn’t support them. You have 10 zones with 100 entries each. The radio works on one zone only. When you change zone, it only let you access that zone so you need to plan these zones well. The program doesn’t support copy/paste or insert/delete rows making it very difficult to work with specially if you make a mistake. I have not been successful with the GPS feature but I haven’t tried to much either. The radio is not bad in my opinion. It is underdeveloped. As it stands, I don’t recommend this radio. 

16 hours ago, AMangum said:

The downloadable program for the radio that Radioddity offer does’t work. It is not Chirp compatible, at least until the moment of this post. If you are planning on programming frequencies other than GMRS for listening purposes, you have to do it manually. The program doesn’t support them. You have 10 zones with 100 entries each. The radio works on one zone only. When you change zone, it only let you access that zone so you need to plan these zones well. The program doesn’t support copy/paste or insert/delete rows making it very difficult to work with specially if you make a mistake. I have not been successful with the GPS feature but I haven’t tried to much either. The radio is not bad in my opinion. It is underdeveloped. As it stands, I don’t recommend this radio. 

Software worked for me. I don't have a PC and needed to borrow one, but its seemed just fine at programing the radios I received. I like that I can listen to just about anything with these. I was in Gatlinburg and listened to the Ober Mountain operations people. that was fun.