Linked Repeaters

WSEM958

38 minutes ago, SteveShannon said:

How were they changed?  95.1733(a)8 still prohibits passing messages through a wireline control link. That hasn’t changed. 
95.1749 still has the same language regarding telephone networks. 

I didn't see where anything was updated either. Although it says on top it was changed 9-20-24. Normally there's a note where a change was effected. The link to previous version wasn't working either to look at that.

20 minutes ago, Davichko5650 said:

I didn't see where anything was updated either. Although it says on top it was changed 9-20-24. Normally there's a note where a change was effected. The link to previous version wasn't working either to look at that.

It says Title 47 was changed; for GMRS there have been no changes to the rules since 8/24/2022.  To see the changes click on Timeline over on the left and you’ll see this. If you click on the words “View Change” you can step through the actual changes. They’re minimal and have nothing to do with Linking:

IMG_0048.thumb.png.f391e6445c825fd7f28b63360c1d1dc4.png

9 hours ago, nokones said:

A microwave link with frequencies allocated and ruled by Part 101, Fixed Microwave Services, is not a wireline link. A wireline link is involving the regulated public switching network of a telephone communications company.

So, with that being said, how do you figure that a microwave control link of GMRS stations is a violation of Part 95, subpart E? Please cite the affected rule saying a microwave control link is prohibited. Also, where did you come up with that a microwave control link is a wireline control link? I would like to hear your definition on that one.

It IS a wireline line by definition of wireline.  Wireline, at least in the commercial radio field is any audio / telemetry that is sourced outside of the transmitter site.  The method of transport isn't relevant.  It can be microwave, phone lines, Ethernet, Satellite, or any other type of transport you what to bring up.  If you are at location A and the transmitter is at location B, even across your yard, it's wireline. 

I understand you don't want that to be the case.  You want to find some loophole that you can wave in the FCC's face and tell them to kick rocks.  Part 95 doesn't define wireline.  It defined elsewhere in CFR 47. 

I want it to not be this way too.  I would be glad to put my repeater back up and link it so I can chat with others all over the place.  But the FCC has decided that's not to be. 

Stop sitting here and complaining.  I have already said how to go about getting it changed.  Go do that and quit with this beating of a now mutilated dead horse.

1 hour ago, WRKC935 said:

It IS a wireline line by definition of wireline.  Wireline, at least in the commercial radio field is any audio / telemetry that is sourced outside of the transmitter site.  The method of transport isn't relevant.  It can be microwave, phone lines, Ethernet, Satellite, or any other type of transport you what to bring up.  If you are at location A and the transmitter is at location B, even across your yard, it's wireline. 

I understand you don't want that to be the case.  You want to find some loophole that you can wave in the FCC's face and tell them to kick rocks.  Part 95 doesn't define wireline.  It defined elsewhere in CFR 47. 

I want it to not be this way too.  I would be glad to put my repeater back up and link it so I can chat with others all over the place.  But the FCC has decided that's not to be. 

Stop sitting here and complaining.  I have already said how to go about getting it changed.  Go do that and quit with this beating of a now mutilated dead horse.

You are obviously an Einstein on the subject wireline and microwave.