Radio Safety

USNCB

Good evening, I was recently looking for American made GMRS radio. Does anyone have a Made in USA hand held they would recommend? The reason I am looking for American manufacturing is concern over the radios and pagers that blew up. Several years ago, a group that I belong to bought several Baofeng UV-5r radios. Back then we could all use them since two of the members had GMRS license. The FCC changed the rule sometime in 2017, then every number had to have their own license. Different the new license was change to what it is like today, every family member can use the same license. The reason I mention this, about 12 years ago we were using the UV-5r for emergencies and local communication and they worked well. The UV-5r was a nice little radio for around $30.00. Back January 24, Members wanted to upgrade the radios. We bought Baofeng UV-5G Plus and Tidradios H3. My point is, here about 12 years later, with all the hyperinflation we are going through' these new radios with a lot more features and channels are still $30.00. We are a bunch of old-geezers and concerned about the many radios we gave to family members and friends. Does anyone have an idea on whether these radios could pose a danger? And does anyone know if there is a way to check them? This might be in the wrong category, if so, I would like to apology. Thank you for reading. 

There are no American made GMRS radios. Even the Midland radios are made in China.

If you stick with well known name brands sold by American resellers then you will be fine. I doubt you will have to worry about Baofeng radios sold by B-Tech. And I also would not worry about any radios sold by Buy To Way Radios. 

I haven't had any of my Baofeng, Icom, TYT, and Wouxun radios blow up on me. 

You won’t find an American made GMRS radio. 
The pagers and radios issued to Hezbollah didn’t explode merely because they were made in China. In fact if they were really Icom radios they would have been made in Japan. If they were counterfeit I don’t know where they were made. 
It appears that someone intercepted the pagers and radios at some point after they were made but before they were delivered to Hezbollah and inserted explosives. Unless you’ve come to the negative attention of the Israeli intelligence forces I doubt you’ll have explosives in your radio. 
Welcome to the forum!

Yes this is a non starter. Everything is made some place else and we have no  danger of exploding pagers or radios in the us.  At least not any more danger than your cell phone, tv,  or car has.  Run what you want to run with the budget and features you want to have or pay for.  They all transmit the exact same.  And like said above unless you have beef with Israel you’re going to be ok.