FCC Draft Report and Order

rdunajewski

• 2 weeks later...

According to info on RR, the R&O was minimally discussed and passed as published.

Now we just have to see when it goes into effect. I am going to fix the programming in my radios of .650 and .700 now since we'll be above Line A in the near future. Yippee!

I've located the link to the FCC's May 2017 Open Commission Meeting. You may want to start somewhere around the 27 minute mark for the part 95 reform of rules. The reform of rules were passed unanimously by the commissioner​s.

FCC.gov/news-event/events/2017/05/may-2017-open-commission-meeting

or try this link: https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/events

According to info on RR, the R&O was minimally discussed and passed as published.

Now we just have to see when it goes into effect. I am going to fix the programming in my radios of .650 and .700 now since we'll be above Line A in the near future. Yippee!

It goes into effect 30 days after being published in the federal register. I think equipment must be compliant in 180 days.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

The Moderation Staff has a recommendation for additional Rules analysis and discussions, now that the Commission has voted on the modifications to Part 95 -

If anyone wishes to discuss the new Rules and Rules Changes, please start a new thread in this "FCC Rules Discussion" area for each individual Rule, with a reference to the Rule number, description or title in your initial post header. That way, members can easily locate Rules or Rule Changes of interest quickly rather than trying to find specific information mixed and fragmented all in one long thread.

Thank you.