GMRS and helmets

Guest my3ke

Guest my3ke

While I ponder joining the forum because I seem to be in the bubble pack league, I was wondering if anybody has ever tried using GMRS radios with helmets?  In my case, I'm thinking of use on a motorcycle, but it could be useful information for ATV users and the like.  Seems to me this could be a useful solution for folks over the expensive bluetooth communicators that are out there.  

Yes, I have a license.  Yes I'm a noob when it comes to GMRS.

Thanks for your time,

my3ke

While I ponder joining the forum because I seem to be in the bubble pack league, I was wondering if anybody has ever tried using GMRS radios with helmets? In my case, I'm thinking of use on a motorcycle, but it could be useful information for ATV users and the like. Seems to me this could be a useful solution for folks over the expensive bluetooth communicators that are out there.

Yes, I have a license. Yes I'm a noob when it comes to GMRS.

Thanks for your time,

my3ke

There are all kinds of helmet radio solutions for commercial gear as well as GMRS. Just look around net a bit. Racing teams and motorcycle folks use them a lot.

A typical race car has a mobile radio and a helmet mic and earphones plus a remote PTT button on the steering wheel. Motorcycle setups are similar but with a PTT button on the handle bars. On motorcycles, you have the option of using an HT or a mobile. I use a similar setup, but with an NFL style headset with an HT on my belt for EMS field operations.

Guest my3ke

Thanks to all, I appreciate your time and help.  I've found a few options for the Midland T71 radios I have.  A bit more research and I may be able to find a solution.  Reading through the forum spoke of other HT units that seemed adaptable for my use as well.  The Btech GMRS V1 could be even more useful with it's scanner option and FM radio.  Got to cogitate on that one a bit.

my3ke