B-Tech GMRS V1 Repeater Programing

jmcconomy

Question

8 answers to this question

There is some good info about that radio in another thread here in the forum.

If that info doesn't answer all your questions, please let us know in this thread and we can take it from there... scroll down until you see the posts about the V1 -

Click >>> https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/1312-good-2-way-repeater-ready-radio/

I looked through that and was still confused. This radio is not very user friendly.

Hi jmcconomy,

The GMRS V-1 is a nice radio.   I have one and use it often.  To program the radio using chip is not hard once you understand what info goes where.   I will try to explain it so I don't confuse you.   For example using a repeater on channel 18.   If the input is 467..625, the output is 462.625.  If you have a PL tone of 555.5 (not a real tone, just used as an example) , here is what you would enter in chirp.  Repeater channel 18 for the GMRS V-1 is line #18 in chirp.

Frequency = 462.625

Tone Mode = TSQL

Tone & Tone Sql = 555.5 ( enter actual tone from MyGMRS.com)

Cross Mode = Tone-Tone

That should get your repeater channel programmed in.   If you have any other questions, I will try to answer them

Hope this helps and enjoy your radio.

There is some good info about that radio in another thread here in the forum.

If that info doesn't answer all your questions, please let us know in this thread and we can take it from there... scroll down until you see the posts about the V1 -

Click >>> https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/1312-good-2-way-repeater-ready-radio/

Hi jmcconomy,

The GMRS V-1 is a nice radio.   I have one and use it often.  To program the radio using chip is not hard once you understand what info goes where.   I will try to explain it so I don't confuse you.   For example using a repeater on channel 18.   If the input is 467..625, the output is 462.625.  If you have a PL tone of 555.5 (not a real tone, just used as an example) , here is what you would enter in chirp.  Repeater channel 18 for the GMRS V-1 is line #18 in chirp.

Frequency = 462.625

Tone Mode = TSQL

Cross Mode = Tone-Tone

That should get your repeater channel programmed in.   If you have any other questions, I will try to answer them

Thanks to both of you all your help is much appreciated I am getting contact with the repeater that is local to me. 

Glad it's working.  Trying to work out all the settings with the different frequency and tones and offsets makes my head spin.  There are a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people on this site that have helped me either directly or indirectly with explanations on things.  If you have anymore questions please ask and someone will have the answer or know where to direct you.  Enjoy the GMRS community. 

Hi jmcconomy,

Frequency = 462.625

Tone Mode = TSQL

Cross Mode = Tone-Tone

Another newbie here GaDalek, new to GMRS that is and have this same radio. I have set up repeaters in my ham radios just fine for years, but this is not working as planned.   GaDalek, you mention the above quote.  When using CHIRP and I go to enter the Tone and Tone Qsl to be 555.5 (as example), whenever I move out of that column, the Tone disappears, is removed. If I go over to set Cross Mode to Tone-Tone, as soon as I move off of there, it also disappears and then the TSQL I chose earlier for Tone Mode, changes to Cross automatically. 

The only way I can get the Tone and Tone Sql to remain in, is to keep Cross Mode to Tone-.Tone and to leave the now changed Cross alone.  It will not keep TSQL.  Is there something else I am getting wrong here in Chirp?  

Jaycee

Another newbie here GaDalek, new to GMRS that is and have this same radio. I have set up repeaters in my ham radios just fine for years, but this is not working as planned.   GaDalek, you mention the above quote.  When using CHIRP and I go to enter the Tone and Tone Qsl to be 555.5 (as example), whenever I move out of that column, the Tone disappears, is removed. If I go over to set Cross Mode to Tone-Tone, as soon as I move off of there, it also disappears and then the TSQL I chose earlier for Tone Mode, changes to Cross automatically

The only way I can get the Tone and Tone Sql to remain in, is to keep Cross Mode to Tone-.Tone and to leave the now changed Cross alone.  It will not keep TSQL.  Is there something else I am getting wrong here in Chirp?  

Jaycee

I am having exactly same issues (bold and red in the quote) with BTECH GMRS-V1 and CHIRP software. Any help from gurus on this forum would be great.

I am having exactly same issues (bold and red in the quote) with BTECH GMRS-V1 and CHIRP software. Any help from gurus on this forum would be great.

I don't know if this is right or what, but what is working for me in CHIRP right now, is I can set the Tone Mode to 'tone' and have a tone code or set to TSQL and a ToneSql code, but not both. If I do want both though, then I have to set the 'cross mode' to Tone->Tone and must use 'cross' in the Tone Mode. 

Now both of those will work, but what is actually letting me into the local repeater is setting to 'tone' in the Tone Mode and a tone code only.   That seems to be working.  That doesn't follow what others have said so I am not sure what to say about that.  I can key up the repeaters ad I hear it open but I have yet to have a conversation on it.  I'm going to try that tomorrow.