Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAF233

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

From BTWR description of the 805:

"Some features can be customized using the optional programming software (free download) such as adding or removing channels or customizing the channel name, bandwidth, transmit power, or CTCSS/DCS codes. Support for up to 128 channels is provided, and receive-only channels can be added for any frequency in the 400-470 MHz range."

The 16 Channel thing I keep going back to is the "free" programming that used-radios.com offers on their stuff.  They'll do 16 Ch. included.  I have to remind myself that there are more available that I should be able to program in myself.

So, could I program channels for repeaters with tones and other channels for simplex, no repeater tones, with same TX/RX frequencies?

Gary

WRAF233

NE NV

#42 berkinet

berkinet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYR510
  • Ham Callsign:WB6TAE

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

...So, could I program channels for repeaters with tones and other channels for simplex, no repeater tones, with same TX/RX frequencies?

Yes, any or all of the above.

Each channel can be any combination of frequency (GMRS channel), name, bandwidth, power, and tone/code.

You could even have the same frequency, bandwidth, power, and tone/code in two different channels with two different names, though that would make little sense.

You could also program all 128 channels to the exact same settings (I.e., make the radio idiot proof). The only limit is the max number of 128 channels.

• Downs and WRAF233 like this

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

-- Marcus Aurelius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users