ICOM Model IC-F221 UHF Mobile Radio

TheNevilleKid

I ran across this in another forum:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ICOM-Model-IC-F221-UHF-Mobile-Radio/392403020141?hash=item5b5d0ae96d:g:fAcAAOSw0TxdXtti&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

From the info that I have read is that this model can be programmed for GMRS, I have used this radio alot it was in all of our company vehicles and seem to be a 

good mobile. I'm using a btech gmrs-v1 as of now but looking for something built to be more reliable as I'm on the road every day from site to site.

Since I'm new to GMRS any help or suggestions will be much appreciative.  Thanks  

I have no doubt the radio will meet your needs. ICOM builds a solid product. I suspect you could do a little better on price if you looked at other similar quality radios, like: Motorola, Vertex Standard (now Motorola) and Kenwood. But, it is new and you know the radio. So, as long as you can program it, or get it programmed, I don't see any issues.

However, the radio, while Part-90 certified, is not Part-95 certified. So, if you care about things like that, well this won't meet your needs. On the other hand... Well, that's up to you  :rolleyes: