I need help programming my Motorola MCS2000. When I attempt to read the radio I receive an error, "Communication with radio failed".
Here's how I reproduce the issue:
- Connect radio with USB to radio's mic port
- Open MCS2000 CPS software
- Choose File > Read Device
- Select COM1 (the port associated with the USB cable), choose "OK"
- Receive error, "Communication with radio failed"
Here's my setup:
- Radio Model M01MX+713W
- Radio ID M01SHL9PW4AN.
- Software: MSC2000 CPS Ver. R02.02.00.
- Cable: MSC2000 FTDI USB Serial Cable (ordered from BlueMax49ers)
- Cable USB driver: FTDI ver. 184.108.40.206 (Date: 8/16/2017)
- Computer OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit Operating System
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Doug T (WRFL449)