New 2022 GMRS/FRS Band Plan

russwbrill

Hint: FRS Radios can now transmit on the Repeater Outputs!!!

Russ... this is 100% factually incorrect. 

Based on Code of Federal Regulations, FRS radios are not permitted to transmit on the repeater input frequencies, therefore will never be heard on a repeat output.  They are explicitly only allowed to transmit on the allocated simplex frequencies.  In fact, the ability to transmit on any frequency beyond the 22 simplex frequencies assigned to the FRS would automatically disqualify any transceiver from getting its part 95 FRS certification. 

Only part 95 certified GMRS radios are permitted to transmit on the repeater input frequencies, and that requires a GMRS operator's license. 

Considering I have spent the last 22 years as independent consultant for the US federal government (17+ for local government), specializing in providing emergency communications sustainment and restoration support to critical communications infrastructure, I am pretty sure I am a bit more in tune with what is happening in the industry, than what you are giving me credit for.

Based on Code of Federal Regulations, FRS radios are not permitted to transmit on the repeater input frequencies.  The are explicitly only allow to transmit on the allocated simplex frequencies.  In fact, the ability to transmit on any frequency beyond the 22 simplex frequencies assigned to the FRS would automatically disqualify any transceiver from getting its part 95 FRS certification. 

Only part 95 certified GMRS radios are permitted to transmit on the repeater input frequencies, and that requires a GMRS operator's license. 

Considering I have spent the last 22 years as independent consultant for the US federal government (17+ for local government), specializing in providing emergency communications sustainment and restoration support to critical communications infrastructure, I am pretty sure I am a bit more in tune with what is happening in the industry, than what you are giving me credit for.

YOU Didn't read what I typed, let's try again.. "Hint: FRS Radios can now transmit on the Repeater Outputs!!! The FCC Folks know there are lots of Hams playing radio on GMRS, and trying to HOG spectrum.. GMRS is referred to as the "73 centimeter" ham band... NO One here is fooling anyone".

Care to retract your previous statement???

Based on Code of Federal Regulations, FRS radios are not permitted to transmit on the repeater input frequencies, therefore will never be heard on a repeat output.  They are explicitly only allowed to transmit on the allocated simplex frequencies.  In fact, the ability to transmit on any frequency beyond the 22 simplex frequencies assigned to the FRS would automatically disqualify any transceiver from getting its part 95 FRS certification. 

"Considering I have spent the last 22 years as independent consultant for the US federal government (17+ for local government), specializing in providing emergency communications sustainment and restoration support to critical communications infrastructure, I am pretty sure I am a bit more in tune with what is happening in the industry, than what you are giving me credit for".

Hmm, that might explain some things :)

YOU Didn't read what I typed, let's try again.. "Hint: FRS Radios can now transmit on the Repeater Outputs!!! The FCC Folks know there are lots of Hams playing radio on GMRS, and trying to HOG spectrum.. GMRS is referred to as the "73 centimeter" ham band... NO One here is fooling anyone".

Care to retract your previous statement???

Nope.... Dude... words have meaning.  You can't transmit on a repeater output unless you're on the input.  You even highlighted it above.  You doubling down on the wrong thing doesn't make you correct.

Nope.... Dude... words have meaning.  You can't transmit on a repeater output unless you're on the input.  You even highlighted it above.  You doubling down on the wrong thing doesn't make you correct.

Really, that's news to me and lots of other radio folks.. The only way to be heard on the OUTPUT is to transmit on the Repeater INPUT, so NO SIMPLEX on the OUTPUTS, Are you SURE???. Oh this is getting funny and stupid at the same time... Sheesh

Marc. I think he is saying the FRS radios can transmit simplex on the repeater output frequencies. He is not saying they can transmit through the repeater.

However, I think you are right, Like you, I am done with this discussion, and as well, I think this topic is done. Could a moderator please close it.

Marc. I think he is saying the FRS radios can transmit simplex on the repeater output frequencies. He is not saying they can transmit through the repeater.

However, I think you are right, Like you, I am done with this discussion, and as well, I think this topic is done. Could a moderator please close it.

He is not saying the repeater output frequencies...  He is saying repeater output.