3 replies to this topic

#1 Dougd123

Dougd123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJM988

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:01 PM

Just purchased two BTECH GMRS-V1s and I'm having a heck of a time trying to (1) read the directions and (2) figure out how to scan for CTSS tones.  

Is there anyone here that is a pro on these radios?  Any help would be appreciated.  

Following the instructions is not working.  Can't find anything specific to this device on youtube. 

#2 DIHOWARD61

DIHOWARD61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWauconda, IL
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJR769

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

Following...

I just got a Baofeng BF-F8HP and I'm also trying to connect to the local repeater.

#3 fremont

fremont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

Just purchased two BTECH GMRS-V1s and I'm having a heck of a time trying to (1) read the directions and (2) figure out how to scan for CTSS tones.  

Is there anyone here that is a pro on these radios?  Any help would be appreciated.  

Following the instructions is not working.  Can't find anything specific to this device on youtube. 

I haven't scanned for the tone on any repeater; I just use a directory to look for open repeaters--they'll typically list the required tone to access them.

#4 dtanonis

dtanonis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJS228

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:15 PM

I just got two V1 units set up on our local repeater using the keypad/menu.

First take a look at the owners manual and find your repeater frequency and select the REPT channel that corresponds to it. They are pre-programmed, channels 15-22.

If you have the Tone in and Tone out requirements for your repeater, go into the menu and scroll to T CTCSS and R CTCSS respectively  and select from the pre-programmed frequencies. 

Good luck

Dave

WRJS228

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Repeater, Btech, GMRS-V1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users