Coax Cable Suggestion

Danny

Yes, FSJ4-50B 25 feet. PNMNM . Its about the same thickness of LMR400 and its fairly flexible compared to the LDF4 heliax, which is basically like wrestling with an anaconda...

Attached is a picture of LMR400, left most, FSJ4-50B heliax, center, and LDF4-50A heliax (mini anaconda)

G.

EDIT: What length do you need?

Probably 75' or even 100' to be on the safe side

Well, 75' to 100' is a large difference, remember that crimping heliax is not easy without the right tools... I know this b/c I botched it before... with the tool is a lot easier. 

Use a string to find out the exact length, then find the next cable in size.

For a 100' run I think its probably better to ask here, pretty certain others can sell you a 100' FSJ4-50B with crimped N connectors on both ends, and even a sweep of such cable.

G.

I was prey to the cable loss BS scam, apparently the low loss cable myth seems to be targeted towards beginners just to sell them low performance LMR400, misleading them into believing that a .3 dB loss is going to render your radio useless. Not so.

FYI, I currently have a 2.3 dB insertion loss between my preselector and the 3 TX/RX bandpass cavities combined on my house base setup, even with a 2.3 dB I can easily reach 20 miles on 25W base to mobile... again, don't fall for the cable loss BS. A 1 dB loss is not going to hurt anything. Go with Heliax, and not b/c of the lower loss, but for the lower noise, which means better signal to noise ratio, since with LMR400 chances are the noise floor will increase by a few dB, which will certainly hurt things a lot more than losing a 0.3 dB of your signal. Again, don't use UHF chrome connectors, use N trimetal. Impedance mismatch and PIM will also ruin your range too... and will be an absolute witch hunt to find them.

G.