Group of guys interfering

Guest Justin Lucas WRJK599

Guest Justin Lucas WRJK599

Has anyone been listening to 462-5750 systems In the Delaware county regional and southern end With people with non-licensed. Talking/singing on the system. I currently use Aston Mills PA GMRS system And every time I use it. We've been getting a lot of . Interfering the guy calls himself Larry on it.. and Ware all getting Upset because . These guys who use the repeater and actually were just on it today need To Get off . I don't know if this is where the FCC comes in. But no one's doing anything about it. And they tend to go on a different system Every few days. And doing Stupid sounds. Almost like People who have (((chew In There mouth)))) anyone came across it.

Unfortunately the FCC doesn't seem to do much when it comes to GMRS violations unless there is some form of interference with emergency services. This leaves repeater owners to fend for themselves. I have just gone through this myself about a month or two ago. Unfortunately, my only solution was to change to a split tone system leaving the original tone on output, and changing the input tone. (Example, if the repeater is using 141.3 for in and out, change the input tone to 146.2 and leave the output tone at 141.3) This can be a hassle for some bubble pack users who cant do split tone, however it seems to clear up the interference rather quickly. I have not had any issues since (Knock on wood.) The other thing is that you shouldn't post the new codes publicly, and instead require people to request access into the repeater. This helps you to keep track of who is on the system.

Has anyone been listening to 462-5750 systems In the Delaware county regional and southern end With people with non-licensed. Talking/singing on the system. I currently use Aston Mills PA GMRS system And every time I use it. We've been getting a lot of . Interfering the guy calls himself Larry on it.. and Ware all getting Upset because . These guys who use the repeater and actually were just on it today need To Get off . I don't know if this is where the FCC comes in. But no one's doing anything about it. And they tend to go on a different system Every few days. And doing Stupid sounds. Almost like People who have (((chew In There mouth)))) anyone came across it.

Hey Justin, I live in your area and I am well aware of the activities you are hearing. Send me a private message and I will discuss details of this matter in private

This is why we went to split non-standard DCS tones in Front Range GMRS. You apparently can’t count on adults to act like adults. Wish they’d keep that trash on 11 meter, but unfortunately they don’t seem to be content with that.

The funny part is 11 meters is the only band that doesn't seem to suffer from serial harassment in our area. CCR's can be had for less than $30 ready to go out of the box and can create havoc over a vast distance in any repeater in the vhf/uhf bands that they can get into, where as a proper 11 meter set up capable of making any impact outside of a few miles is going to require spending $1000 and up.

Wait what's going on

What I meant was a cb station (11 meters) big enough to cause interference across an area the same size as a cheap $30 chinese handheld can on a repeater with good coverage will cost minimum of $1000 in equipment and alot of effort put in.

• 2 years later...
On 11/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, H8SPVMT said:

I really don't understand how repeaters operate with the calls and usage.  If the Owner hears whats going on I doubt there is much the owner can really do.

Shutting it down would be the real way to end the abuse I would think.

Ok you do that what happens to the other honest people who uses your repeater what about them? You shut them off the repeater use because of a few bad apples who abuses the use of the repeater you wound up losing people to other repeaters in the area.

However, after saying that since you're the owner of the repeater you can do whatever you want to your own machine.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, ULTRA2 said:

Ok you do that what happens to the other honest people who uses your repeater what about them? You shut them off the repeater use because of a few bad apples who abuses the use of the repeater you wound up losing people to other repeaters in the area.

However, after saying that since you're the owner of the repeater you can do whatever you want to your own machine.

Well that is where using this website comes into play. If you are on here looking up a repeater listing, you can request access to a repeater and then will be given the correct tones. The only way to access this stuff on here is to have a valid FCC license. It isn't fool proof but I would say it has a 99% chance of working. The only issue is if the people interfering are smart and have the time, they can take a radio and go through every single tone and figure out which one activates the repeater. I do agree, one bad apple shouldnt ruin it for everyone. But what do you do in this case just short of getting the equipment that locks out radios based on their RF print?

1 hour ago, WRQI583 said:

Well that is where using this website comes into play. If you are on here looking up a repeater listing, you can request access to a repeater and then will be given the correct tones. The only way to access this stuff on here is to have a valid FCC license. It isn't fool proof but I would say it has a 99% chance of working. The only issue is if the people interfering are smart and have the time, they can take a radio and go through every single tone and figure out which one activates the repeater. I do agree, one bad apple shouldnt ruin it for everyone. But what do you do in this case just short of getting the equipment that locks out radios based on their RF print?

That wouldn't be a bad idea.